What's new

Blade PIF

Good time to all. Eighth use by me blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Razor - Feather Popular. The growth of stubble on the face is two days. Before shaving, I put oil on my face. I made foam with cold water, which I use for shaving. I made two passes with extra polishing. At the end of the first pass, I felt that the blade began to lose sharpness. I continued to shave using the slant technique. On the lower lip, where the stubble is stiff enough, I got two bloody spots. I tried hard, but the BBS did not work. I received DFS and slight skin irritation as I increased the pressure on the razor. After shaving I used ice, and after five minutes I applied a balm to relieve irritation. In general, the blades of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS in a soft razor proved to be sharp and smooth and they were enough to shave for eight times, for sixteen days. Further testing of the blades I will continue in my razor Fatip Piccolo SE OC. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190510_130548.jpg
    20190510_130548.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 7
Good time to all. Today I’ll start testing blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), on the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. In the soft razor Feather Popular this blade has served 8 times, let's see how many times it will be enough to use in Fatip Piccolo. Today, the first shave, for shaving I used cold water, pre-treatment of the face with oil, foam, which I whipped with a brush, two passes - one in the direction of hair growth, the other in the opposite direction, and minimal polishing. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube from a tincture of steppe herbs, and after five minutes with an after shave cream. Cuts, blood and irritation are completely absent. I got a full bbs. The SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade in the Fatip Piccolo razor was sharp, but not excessive, and smooth. The razor felt a slight resistance on the stubborn chin of the chin on the first pass. In other places and in the second pass, the razor slid like a knife in butter. Today's shaving brought a lot of positive emotions. Sincerely, Eugene.
20190512_134928.jpg

I greet everyone. Today, the second use of the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), in the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. Today's shaving was practically the same as previous shaving, except that the growth of stubble was three days, and I cut off two small pimples on my lower lip, getting two small drops of blood. Again BBS and a large number of positive emotions from shaving. The blade test continues. Sincerely, Eugene.

I greet everyone. Today, the sixth use of the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), in the Fatip Piccolo SE OC razor. The blade test continues. I'll try to reach 10 shaving. Sincerely, Eugene.
20190522_080504.jpg

Thank you, dear friend, for the attention you have shown to my humble trials of the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Today I shaved the eighth time. After shaving, I used only a piece of ice from herbal tinctures. One hour after shaving, I met with old acquaintances. Two people said how good my face looks. The lack of irritation and clean shaving, says the high quality of the blade. The test continues. Thank. Sincerely, Eugene.

I greet everyone. Today, the twelfth (last) use of the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blades, obtained as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), in the Fatip Piccolo SE OC shaver. In the soft razor Feather Popular I managed to use the blade only eight times. On Sunday, I will start to experience the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade in the next razor. I will write how many times I will be able to use it to obtain qualitative results. With respect, Eugene.

Good time to all. Today I am starting to test the blades of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), using a retro shaver in Rotbart. The first shave was smooth without irritation. But the blade felt very sharp on my face. I achieved BBS in two passes and a minor refinement, but I got three sources of blood on my mustache. Maybe I chose the wrong angle for shaving. I will try to be more careful and attentive next time. I think that in this razor the blade will live at least seven or eight times a smooth and pleasant shave. Thank. Sincerely, Eugene.
20190601_180922.jpg

Hello everyone. Today I finished testing the blades of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, obtained as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), using Rotbart in a retro razor. The last eleventh shave was not very smooth, a little pulled, but without irritation. I thought that the blade would live at least seven or eight times in this razor, but he lived eleven. Eleven times of comfortable and pleasant shaving. I did not chase BBS, I shaved almost every day, enjoying the old German razor and the modern Israeli blade. I will continue the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade test, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), after a short break. Thank. Sincerely, Eugene.

20190622_191648.jpg
Good time to all. Today it is time to write about my tests. I continue to test the blades of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, obtained as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), using Fatip Piccolo SE Testina Gentile Close Comb. It is difficult to achieve BBS, this plate has much less aggression. But for me it is important that there is no blood and no irritation, my skin perfectly perceives this blade and this razor. Hope I can use the blade eight times or more. Time will tell. I recently completed a test. The last two shaving were very coarse, seventh and eighth. Until I conduct a new test, I won’t find out if it depends on the razor or on the specific lower-quality blade. In the open crest, I sometimes shaved 11 times with this blade. Thank. Sincerely, Eugene.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1001881 Good time to all. Today it is time to write about my tests. I continue to test the blades of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, obtained as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), using Fatip Piccolo SE Testina Gentile Close Comb. It is difficult to achieve BBS, this plate has much less aggression. But for me it is important that there is no blood and no irritation, my skin perfectly perceives this blade and this razor. Hope I can use the blade eight times or more. Time will tell. I recently completed a test. The last two shaving were very coarse, seventh and eighth. Until I conduct a new test, I won’t find out if it depends on the razor or on the specific lower-quality blade. In the open crest, I sometimes shaved 11 times with this blade. Thank. Sincerely, Eugene.
Excellent review!

Good day to all. I saw a Rapira Platinum Lux razor and five Rapira Platinum Lux razors in the store for less than $ 2. I bought this razor. Then I read a lot of positive reviews about this razor Rapira Platinum Lux - the Razor not the Blade - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/rapira-platinum-lux-the-razor-not-the-blade.350600/page-10. To increase the weight, I pasted a copper rod into an empty plastic handle, now it weighs 36 grams. I decided to continue to test the blades of the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, obtained as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet), using a Rapira Platinum Lux shaver. I was severely disappointed. The blade in this razor pulled and tore my hair. For a long time I could not find the right angle. With great difficulty, I managed to shave, with the exception of my beard. I could not shave my beard and neck below my beard:o10: (but on one cheek I got an excellent BBS:001_rolle). There was no blood or cuts. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube with herbs and smeared it with a after-shave repair cream. It is very strange that I could not completely shave my face, the blade was not sharp enough. In the open ridge of Fatip Piccolo SE, I sometimes shaved thirteen times with this blade. I used only one side of the blade. Tomorrow I will try to use this blade in another cheap razor, worth $ 1. Perhaps cheap razors are not able to reveal the potential of good blades. Thanks. Regards, Eugene.20191216_153708.jpg

Last edited:
Good day to all. Today, I again continue to test Israeli blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a generous PIF from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Now I will use the YUMA Chinese razor for shaving. The weight of this razor is only 12 grams, its cost does not exceed the cost of a sip of sparkling water. It is difficult to achieve perfect alignment of the razor blade. But it’s important for me to find out how the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade works in this razor. I hope that I can use the blade in this razor several times and not die from fatal cuts ... But no, I didn’t get a good shave. A razor pulls hair. I feel uncomfortable and hurt. On my neck terribly uncomfortable, unpleasant and very painful sensation. I give up!!! I pulled a blade from Hume's razor and inserted it into the Feather Popular razor. In one minute, I finished shaving, getting a very confident DFS. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube with herbs and smeared it with a after-shave repair cream. My cheeks and neck feel as if I had a depilation. Today, experience has once again been confirmed that these blades cannot work well in razors that do not have a hard hold on the blade, but they work well in razors, and in soft and aggressive ones with hard hold on the blade. Thanks. Regards, Eugene.DSCN4467.JPG

Top Bottom