What's new

Blade PIF

Hello dear friends! Finally today I received a parcel from Igor! Thank you Igor (Spase_Cadet)
for the generous gift. 200 blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS. In addition to these blades, the package was packed with different blades that I did not use before, so that I could try them (I will write about each of them later). I am delighted. Thank! Thank! Thank! I have many minutes of shaving ahead of me, full of joy and pleasure. Igor, I am grateful to you with all my heart !!! I look forward to the moment when I can insert the blade into the razor ... Soon I will post a report on my first use of SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190426_142346.jpg
    20190426_142346.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20190426_142448.jpg
    20190426_142448.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Hello everyone. So, today for the first time I used blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). As the first razor with these blades chose Feather Popular, given its softness, and safety with sharp blades. I decided to use one side of the blade until it stops working. Put a marker. The bristles on the face did not shave for two days. Before applying the foam, treated the face with oil. Used cold water and abundant foam. He shaved with short, straight razor movements, using conventional techniques without pressing. To achieve the BBC, it took two passes, one in the course of hair growth, the second against hair growth, and subsequent polishing in the chin and neck area. During the first pass, the blade worked sharply and smoothly on the cheeks, a little hard, near the mustache and chin. The second pass did, increasing the aggressiveness of the razor, slightly loosening the nut. The blade felt smooth and gentle, with good sound feedback. After shaving, I used as always a piece of ice, passing it all over my face. After 2 minutes after shave alcohol lotion. No irritation, not spilled a single drop of blood. Time spent 20 minutes. Got a lot of pleasant emotions, and a high appreciation of the smoothness of the skin from my wife. On first impressions, blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS shave better than Gillette 7 O’Clock Permasharp Stainless. I am waiting for a second shave, I think that the blade will be even smoother and sharper. Any questions and recommendations from you. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190426_152601.jpg
    20190426_152601.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
A sleeve of 200 SATINEX 2000 arrived today. Thank you, @Space_Cadet! I will be trying them in a Ball End Tech tomorrow, followed by other more aggressive razors over the next week.

Again, thank you @Space_Cadet for a great PIF. I also received a sleeve of Satinex 2000 blades today. Here is my first blade experience. Being in a huge hurry this morning I dropped one of the blades into my 59 Fatboy. Prep was bare minimum. A quick rinse of the face with warm water, slapping on some canned goo (Barbasol Pacific Rush) and a quick one pass shave with a setting of 5. I was expecting an extremely harsh shave. This was not so. While there was a bit of roughness and more than a little audible feedback, the shave was actually quite smooth all things considered. Also after the one pass almost dry shave, it turned out to be a DFS with very minimal buffing. I fully expect this blade to settle right down and be an excellent smooth close shaver, with proper prep of course. It seems to be on par with German Wilkinsons and, dare I say, GSB blades. I will post again on shave 2 after a proper preparation of my heavy stubble is made. So far so good! :)

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Guys, I'm happy you have received the blades and the first impressions are positive.

First shave report:

Satinex 2000 blade in an A4 BET
Williams soap & Omega 11574 brush

Shaving at the end of my shower so my beard was well hydrated, and had previously been soaped up with my shampoo & bath soap, the Satinex felt distinctly smoother than average, about on a par with a Shark SS or a 8 O'Clock SS. it was also more efficient than most blades in this milder razor. No nicks or post shave irritation. So far this is a blade I could recommend to others. Tomorrow I'll try it with my V3A to see how it like a razor that's a bit more aggressive.

Hello everyone. It took 26 hours after shaving, using the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS and the Feather Popular shaver. The growth of facial hair was small. The neck remained smooth after shaving. I was going to shave tomorrow, as I shave once every two days. But, having filled the bath with hot water, having lain in it for about 10 minutes, and having massaged my face with my fingers, I wanted to give myself the pleasure of shaving. Blade 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, (a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet), which I washed, dried and turned over after yesterday's shaving, was loaded into a razor. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a shaving brush on hand. But I decided to use a shaving gel, a can my son, who was standing on his shelf. I held my face for 3 minutes in hot water, like a hippopotamus in a pond, and smeared it with shaving gel. I shaved in one pass against hair growth. A little polishing of the chin and under the chin. blade tightening to increase aggressiveness. After a shave, I treated my face with a cream containing menthol, no blood, no irritation. The blade that was used a second time became softer and sharper, as I had expected. Especially since hair growth was one day, and I used hot water. A lot of positive emotions from shaving. I repeat, I use only one edge of the blade and turn it over after each shave. Regards, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190427_194143.jpg
    20190427_194143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Shave 2 today. Proper prep with a shower and face wash. The much loved, or hated, Williams Mug soap and blade still in the Fatboy. The blade is much smoother the 2nd time around. Still quite abit of auditory feedback but that is neither here nor there. Did a two pass shave today WTG then ATG ending with a BBS shave after just a bit of buffing. Followed up with Gables Bay Rum and no sting or irritation noted. All in all this is an extremely acceptable blade IMHO. I will post later regarding the longevity of the blade. Someone compared them to a Shark earlier in the thread. I would say they are head and shoulders above the Shark. Perhaps a PIF including the Shark and the Satinex for comparison may be in the offing in the near future. I shall ponder the thought. As always YMMV and thank you again to Space_Cadet for an outstanding PIF!

No worries. As always YMMV. Many here like the shark blades. For my beard and skin type they just dont do the trick. I have tried them in several razors but they just dont do the trick for me. I have a cpl of tucks left. If you wish and you are in the CONUS drop me a message with your mailing addy. I will drop them in an envelope and mail them to you. I hate to see them just sit there and go to waste! :)

Shave # 2 today.

Today's razor was a Maggard V3A. I'm still 3017'ing a puck of Williams (59 shaves so far) with an Omega 11574, and following the shave with Dickinson's WH & Nivea Men ASB, so that's not going to change any time soon in this thread.

A 3-pass BBS came easily, but it felt a bit harsher than yesterday. So instead of stepping up to a Fendrihan Mk. II, I think I'll go with a Rockwell 6C-R4 for tomorrow's shave first. I'm somewhat afraid to go all the way up to the Franken41 with this blade. There was good audible feedback from the blade, and no feedback from the alum block afterwards, so the subjective impression of harshness didn't follow through to post shave irritation. So far, I'm still liking this blade a lot.

Like @JohnKavkaz, I'm still on the first edge of the blade, and it's doing a fine job. I'm not planning on trying to measure the ultimate longevity of the blade, just trying it with a variety of different razors. I just finished a seven week marathon with a German Wlikie as part of an extended FFfMM run, And I'm not anxious to get back on that particular horse again for a little while. There are too many other things I want to try.

No worries. As always YMMV. Many here like the shark blades. For my beard and skin type they just dont do the trick. I have tried them in several razors but they just dont do the trick for me. I have a cpl of tucks left. If you wish and you are in the CONUS drop me a message with your mailing addy. I will drop them in an envelope and mail them to you. I hate to see them just sit there and go to waste! :)

Thanks for the offer. As it happens, I purchased 100 of the Shark SS last fall, so I'm pretty well set there. I entered the PIF for the Satinex 2000s because I'd never heard of them and they sounded intriguing.

When I entered this PIF I said that if I won, I'd rePIF a portion of the to others. Checking with the USPS, I found out that to mail them as individual tucks I'd have to send them as parcels because the plastic dispensers (like with Derby or Feather blades) would be too thick to go through their automated lines. That would cost me $3.66usd per winner/destination in postage plus any packaging. If I take the individually wrapped blades out of the plastic dispensers, tape them to card stock and stick them in an envelope, the cost drops to about $1.00 per winner/destination.

How important are the plastic dispensers to you guys? More dispensers = fewer winners. Since these blades don't seem to be widely available yet, I'd like to spread them around as much as possible.

To avoid hijacking this thread, please PM me instead of replying here.

Hello everyone. So, today for the third time used the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). So far only one side of the blade is used, which I turn over after each shave, rinse in hot water and dry after shaving. Razor - Feather Popular. Today's shaving takes place 44 hours after the last shave. The water temperature is slightly warm. Before applying the foam, treated the face with oil. Conventional shaving technique, short, straight razor movement. The first pass is very smooth on the cheeks and neck. The hair on the mustache, lower lip and beard resisted, but I did not feel any discomfort. The second pass, the razor setting is more aggressive, and as a result, loud feedback. I needed a third pass on my neck and chin, I did not touch my cheeks. Then I polished a bit to get a BBS. After shaving - an ice cube processes my face. Then I used menthol cream after shaving. There is not a single cut. There is no annoyance. After a wet shave, I feel a nirvana. Wonderful sharp and smooth SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blades when using the Feather Popular razor. The next shave and test of the SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS blade will occur in four days (I will need to leave). Let's see how they will cope with long bristles. As long as the blade remains comfortable, sharp and smooth. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190429_105727.jpg
    20190429_105727.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Hello everyone. Yesterday for the fourth time I used the blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Razor - Feather Popular. The growth of stubble on the face - four days. Pre-steam face while taking a hot bath. But it was difficult to make only one pass. For three days I was in the sun, and my face was not much burned. Any touch was painful. More hot water added sharpness of perception. Therefore, shaving had to stop. Today is the fifth use, made two passes. Used cold water. Pre-applied oil on the face. Despite the fact that the skin on the face had not yet had time to relax and recover from the bright sun, the blade SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS delicately and carefully managed with my face. These blades are sharp enough, but they work smoothly and smoothly. Got a good and confident DFS. Without blood and without irritation. I used a piece of ice and after shave balm. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190504_200638.jpg
    20190504_200638.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
At this point, I'm retiring my first Satinex 2000 blade, because there are other things I want to try. The blade still had a lot of life in it.

I've used it for 8 shaves, in eight different razors:
Gillette BET
Aristocrat Jr.
Old
New LC
Fendrihan Mk. II
Maggard V3A
Rockwell 6c-r4
Muhle R41

In the milder razors, it was very smooth but efficient. In the more aggressive razors, it shaved very well, but felt a bit rougher. For all 8 shaves, there were no nicks, weepers, or irritation - the alum block revealed nothing.
Obviously YMMV, but for me, this is an excellent blade.

Thank you for your generosity @Space_Cadet

Good time to all. The sixth use by me blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS, received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Razor - Feather Popular. The growth of stubble on the face - three days. I took a hot morning shower, washed my face with shampoo before shaving. Shave in three passes with polishing to get BBS. The blade was sharp and smooth. After shaving, I used nettle tincture, which I brewed with boiling water, filtered through a sieve and cooled in the refrigerator. Pleasant sensations of the skin on my face, no irritation. The blade test will continue until complete extinction, in the feather popular razor. Further blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS I will continue to test in other razors. Sincerely, Eugene.

Good time to all. The seventh use of blades SATINEX 2000 PLATINUM PLUS ,by me received as a gift from Igor (Spase_Cadet). Razor - Feather Popular. After yesterday's shave, the short bristles look like sanding paper. In some places, the skin remained smooth. I shaved in one run against the growth of the bristles, and continued to polish until I received BBS. The blade remains smooth and sharp. No irritation, no cuts. After shaving, I treated my face with an ice cube, which I made from the tincture of the steppe Kuban herbs, which have a unique smell of chamomile, mint and oregano. Sincerely, Eugene.
20190508_150907.jpg

Top Bottom