What's new

Blade Pif (for Members who’ve been here since 2016 or earlier)

Well guys, I did it! I sampled a ton of different blades. I’d always wanted to sample a wide swath of blades in my DE, but I got bored of DEs and decided to try straights instead. Years later here I am, determined to see what I see by trying a bunch of new blades. It was interesting— I have some left...

7D07DDEE-02C2-4E02-AE75-D7A4FA1FF55F.jpeg

So I thought it would be cool to pass along a set (one each of the above blades) to someone else who might be getting bored but never gave a wide swath of DEs a try, to try :) .

Here are the rules:
  1. You’ve had to have been a member since 2016 or before.
  2. Never given a wide variety of blades a try, but want to.
  3. Willing to use one razor for a while to test em all out.
  4. And finally, willing to share your insights here later.
If that’s you, type “In” - I’ll pick a random person Tuesday(ish).

Absolutely amazing PIF, @Earcutter!! And what an awesome assortment of blades!! Not in as #2 disqualifies me (which is ok since I've received more than my fair share of blade goodness); however someone is going to get a great blade sampler!!

I'm in. Of those blades, I only recall trying the Merkur and Feather.

Could be an interesting change from my boring routine (Astra SP, everyday :001_smile ).

What a great and generous idea! My hat's off to you. I don't qualify though but I'll follow and read this thread with great interest.

FABULOUS PIF!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Respectfully not in as I have tried a ton of blades already. So will leave this for another deserving member.

Awesome PIF with some excellent blades. Respectfully not in since I haven't been here long enough, and I have already tried most of those blades.

Well guys, I did it! I sampled a ton of different blades. I’d always wanted to sample a wide swath of blades in my DE, but I got bored of DEs and decided to try straights instead. Years later here I am, determined to see what I see by trying a bunch of new blades. It was interesting— I have some left...

By the way, which are your favorites?

Alright - the Pif is over!

@Demolition and @pelicanachic - shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you both a sample of each blade! Woot!

@Mr._houston - Thanks for asking. I'll let you know. I'll list em all out when I'm done work today! But I will say this, experience is a fantastic thing. You can almost make any blade work when you know how to use it. BUT, there certainly are some that are smoother.

I'll let you know.

Top Bottom