What's new

Blade ID... Confused Eagle...

Hi,

Im new to the world of the st8 shave, and I'm absolutly fasinated with the tradition and skill required

My partners Great Aunt gave me a old straight when I was discussing wanting to get my hands on some old blades to learn how to hone on, the razor that she gave me looks identical to the Improved eagle razor except instead of having improved it's got Electric there instead, the other side of the tangs blank, just bare metal. I've spent sometime scowering the web and really havn't been able to find anything with The Electric Eagle Razor... Anyone able to help with identifying it...

A) I don't want to destroy it,
B) If it's worth something, I'd like to at least offer her something for it,
C) I'd like to restore the blade and replace the scales and would like to checkout other blades from the same area etc..

I'm at work for the next 15 hrs, so wont be able to post any pics till i get home from work, I'm affraid...

Thanks inadvance

Shannon

There are all sorts of razors with that eagle on it. They show up on ebay a lot. They're not common, but they aren't super rare either. Looks like a good blade to me. Should clean up nicely.

There are all sorts of razors with that eagle on it. They show up on ebay a lot. They're not common, but they aren't super rare either. Looks like a good blade to me. Should clean up nicely.

Yeah normally though they say the Improved eagle razor, not Electric.. I havn't been able to find any others like this one, also with the improved eagles the eagles facing the other direction :(

Yeah normally though they say the Improved eagle razor, not Electric.. I havn't been able to find any others like this one, also with the improved eagles the eagles facing the other direction :(

I see them with just the eagle sometimes. I also see different eagles. I would imagine companies could add whatever they wanted to the eagle.

Hey, maybe you have the "original" eagle. The "unimproved" version. :wink: Sorry I can't be more help.

Top Bottom