• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Fine. Smooth and efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That surprises me I must say. The blade being unsupported from the bottom (no experience, but photos I've seen). In use any flex must be pinning it to the top cap and thus no chatter or flexing.

That surprises me I must say. The blade being unsupported from the bottom (no experience, but photos I've seen). In use any flex must be pinning it to the top cap and thus no chatter or flexing.

I have a vintage Wardonia razor. The blade support is a little circle in the center of the blade. One can think that without blade support the blade will shatter and it will be impossible to shave.
This razor is one of the smoothest and efficient razors I have.
Never judge by pictures alone.
Life is full of surprises.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me Karve OC D with a Voshkod, Rapiara PL, BIC Chrome Platinum, Personna Lab, Wilkinson, or Feather (with care). You need to have try outs.

+1 to Voskhod, Rapira PL
+1 Feather (yeah, better with OC-C)
-1 to BIC Chrome Platinum

I am also happy to load a Supermax Blue Diamond with my brass OC-D.

Tried a Feather this arvo, on a 2 day growth (my usual) and found it felt quite harsh and ended up with a couple of minor weepers. Two or three hours later, after the glow has died down, I can feel that I ended up with a DFS. I have often felt that a Feather is best on the 2nd and 3rd shave, so will try it again in two days time. The efficiency is there, but comfort rather lacking! Thanks for the comments guys; keep 'em coming! Can't wait for the Kai's to arrive.

Tried a Nacet today instead of the Feather again, and it went very well. About 2 seconds before I put the razor down I nicked myself; perhaps a timely warning to concentrate until the fat lady sings! Definitely more fun than the Feather.

The Titanium Karve drops on May 1st. Wonder how many razors he has?
Chris said on social media that his goal is be able to ship them out the day after the drop. Who would have thought that, when folks were placing orders for a polished SS Karve back on Black Friday (November 29th), that they could have had a Ti Karve in their hands sooner than the polished razor they were ordering?!

Obviously, we are all different here. I’m no ideologue, but I do try to stay consistent with a certain set of principals. So, I own a couple Karve razors and, while I really like those razors, the purchasing experience has left much to be desired. Compound that with the way Karve has handled the BF/CM orders, especially the polished SS orders. As a result, I am finished ordering from Karve, as I feel that doing so is forgiving and rewarding a deliberate pattern of dishonest and unethical business practices. There seem to be plenty of folks who are willing to overlook past transgressions, but I feel like actions should have consequences. As much as I admit that I’d like to try the Karve Ti razor, I’m going to stick to my principles and continue to enjoy my current Karve razors, along with the multitude of other high quality DE razors, the makers of which seem to respect the wet shaving community as evidenced by their honest and transparent business dealings.

A very well laid out explanation, and perfectly sound reasoning.

For me, I just don't see enough "value" in a Ti Karve. Is it going to shave differently enough from my brass or SS Karve to matter to me? Nope.

Replying to myself here ,but some may be interested.
Well, the Kai blades arrived and I love them. My first shave was with a two day growth, no problems, it seemed to me that the Kai felt a lot like a Polsiver SI. Got a DFS with no blood letting. Second shave was a 3 day growth and this time I went a bit slower and did two passes. Again a DFS and very efficient shave without feeling 'Feather like' aggressiveness. They have a reputation for lasting well, which is just as well as they cost about twice other good blades. So I will leave it in the Karve until I figure enough is enough and see how many shaves I get. (I usually toss most blades after 3 shaves). I recommend to give the Kai blades a try! Next up is Personna (Israeli Reds).

I have a Karve OC C plate and a SB D plate. The OC razor has a lot more face feel than the SB, at least to my sensitive face. I would be a little concerned with using a Feather or Nacet blade in a OC D plate. Something like a Polsilver, Voskhod, Rapira Platinum Lux, might be more suitable, at least until you get a feel for the razor.

Replying to myself here ,but some may be interested.
Well, the Kai blades arrived and I love them. My first shave was with a two day growth, no problems, it seemed to me that the Kai felt a lot like a Polsiver SI. Got a DFS with no blood letting. Second shave was a 3 day growth and this time I went a bit slower and did two passes. Again a DFS and very efficient shave without feeling 'Feather like' aggressiveness. They have a reputation for lasting well, which is just as well as they cost about twice other good blades. So I will leave it in the Karve until I figure enough is enough and see how many shaves I get. (I usually toss most blades after 3 shaves). I recommend to give the Kai blades a try! Next up is Personna (Israeli Reds).

I practically agree 100% with your comments regarding the Feathers and the Kais. Kais have recently become one of my favorite, if not my favorite, blades! All the shapness of a Feather (I know many will argue that the Feather is still sharper, but very hard for me to tell) but much smoother and "agreable" in my experience. Make no mistake, Kais are one of the sharpest blades out there, so never let your guard down while using them (well, never let your guard down while using ANY blade, even a 30-day old Derby!)

I normally use my Feathers (or most other blades for that matter) for a week (say 5-6 shaves) and my Kais for two weeks (say 10-12 shaves). I find I get my most confortable shaves around the half-life for both of them.

My third go-to blade, the Voskhod... I find myself using it less and less... I think I could actually become a one-blade guy and use 100% Kais... But for some reason they don't seem to get along with one of my favorite razors, the ATT Aluminum Calypso H2. The fit is very tight (and I do mean VERY tight!), so tight that I practically have to fully seat the blade between the base and the cap only by tightening the handle (makes me a bit uneasy). So I still buy Feathers to feed my ATT, but I fell Kais are all I need for all my other razors, wonderfull blade!

Happy shaves!

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have not tried them on a Karve since I yet do not own one.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had an SB E plate and honestly due to how Karve clamps them, there was less variability in that razor than some of my others that don't clamp as tightly or close to the edge. I never liked the OC - the teeth are to unfinished for me. Seemed very industrial, unrefined and scraped my face. For OC I much prefer a nice thick coat of chrome to round 'em over a bit and make them more comfortable.

My favorite blades in any razor are Personna Med Prep and Kai.

Polsilver is a great choice for me too, in my Karve!

However , a vintage Light Brigade Wilkinson Sword is EXCELLENT !
Rare and expensive, yes, but how much is your face worth?

You wouldn't put Re-Tread tires on a Cadillac would you?

I may not be the right person to give you an opinion. I have the Karve D plate but the regular safety bar version. Too much blade feel for me (wonderful shave though). Seeing as you like the open comb version with even more blade feel...? My personal preference is for the C plate with 3+ day growth, B for every day or every other day.

In my experience, the 'sharper' blades don't work well for me in the Karve. YMMV. Feather, Kai, Bic--not enough comfort for me. The Karve has a very solid 'clamp' down on the blade with little chatter. I think this means you can safely explore other blades. My favorites in a Karve: GSB, Yellow Sharp Edge, Dorco Prime Platinum (steer clear of non-STP-301s), Gillette Platinums, and Wizamets/Polsilvers.

If I could only have one blade in my Karve, it would be a GSB. I did enjoy my Gillette Yellow blade today though.

With all of this said, I am so happy for you on your Karve journey. Grab a number of blades from tryablade and enjoy your journey!

Top Bottom