What's new

Blade Factory

Can anyone tell me what other blades are made at the factory that makes Astra SP's and the factory that makes Personna Blues.

Astra is made in the Gillette PPI factory in St. Petersburg Russia.
Others from that factory:
Gillette Platinum (navy blue and white box)
Gillette Platinum (royal blue box)
7 OClock Yellow platinum
7 o clock green super stainless
Permasharp
Sputnik
Nacet
Minora
Rubie Platinum Plus
Gillette Silver Blue
Polsilver Iridium

No idea on personna blue factory.

Last edited:
Personna Blue is made in USA.

proxy.php

Why do I feel like I'm watching the episode of The Simpsons where Homer gets a tour of the Duffs brewery and it shows all their variety of beers coming from the same big pipe into their respective tanks?

Nailed it.
To be fair, I was worried about the same thing, but i’m extremely confident that there is a distinct difference between the Nacet and Gillette’s Silver Blue. I’m horrified to admit that those are the only two on the list that i’ve tried so far out of that factory.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Personna Red and Crystal blades are made in Israeli, Personna is part of the A.S.R empire in its hay day. Personna is part of the Gem brand also that is still MFG in the USA and has over 100 yrs of experience much like the Gillette blades that also have over 100 yrs of blade MFG. Personna is a large part of the Edgewell Personal Care line of products that is huge and is world wide. Accutec USA has also rights to MFG Personna blades and is involved in a huge line of different cutting tools and is larger than maybe Gillette in some respects.
Have some great shaves!

To be fair, I was worried about the same thing, but i’m extremely confident that there is a distinct difference between the Nacet and Gillette’s Silver Blue. I’m horrified to admit that those are the only two on the list that i’ve tried so far out of that factory.
Man, you have got some catching up to do! Lots of good blades in that group!

Astra is made in the Gillette PPI factory in St. Petersburg Russia.
Others from that factory:
Gillette Platinum (navy blue and white box)
Gillette Platinum (royal blue box)
7 OClock Yellow platinum
7 o clock green super stainless
Permasharp
Sputnik
Nacet
Minora
Rubie Platinum Plus
Gillette Silver Blue
Polsilver Iridium

No idea on personna blue factory.
Thanks, This is more than I expected. I assume the other Astra's (Superior Stainless) are made in this factory also?

Personna Red and Crystal blades are made in Israeli, Personna is part of the A.S.R empire in its hay day. Personna is part of the Gem brand also that is still MFG in the USA and has over 100 yrs of experience much like the Gillette blades that also have over 100 yrs of blade MFG. Personna is a large part of the Edgewell Personal Care line of products that is huge and is world wide. Accutec USA has also rights to MFG Personna blades and is involved in a huge line of different cutting tools and is larger than maybe Gillette in some respects.
Have some great shaves!
Wow! So Personna Blue are made in Verona, VA and Personna Red's are made in Israeli. I assume the Personna Lab Blue's are from the Verona, VA factory also?

Were Voskhods listed as a product of that particular factory, I would indeed say that perhaps an entirely different production line out in a dilapidated, Stalin-era shed was being used.

Or that some Oscar Shindler type guy goes around at night misaligning machine settings in the belief no Voskhod should be produced that can actually be used.

But my experiences with the product line are almost exclusively Astras, and a tuck of Gillette yellows every now and then.

It is just difficult to believe they vary their blade steels or blade geometry for different packaging.

Were Voskhods listed as a product of that particular factory, I would indeed say that perhaps an entirely different production line out in a dilapidated, Stalin-era shed was being used.

Or that some Oscar Shindler type guy goes around at night misaligning machine settings in the belief no Voskhod should be produced that can actually be used.

But my experiences with the product line are almost exclusively Astras, and a tuck of Gillette yellows every now and then.

It is just difficult to believe they vary their blade steels or blade geometry for different packaging.
I agree about the Voskhods. They where the first blades I bought a couple years ago when I came back to DE shaving. Out of 15 Voskhods I had three duds, two sharp blades and the rest are 2-3 meh shaves. Every one of the six Astra SP have been sharp and have been great shaves.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Have some great shaves!
I forgot to mention that Edgewell personal care just recently bought out Harry's razors for 1.34 billion dollars and so it just starting to get to the size of Gillette IMO. They are very aggressive to win market share IMO.

I forgot to mention that Edgewell personal care just recently bought out Harry's razors for 1.34 billion dollars and so it just starting to get to the size of Gillette IMO. They are very aggressive to win market share IMO.
Yeah and at the same time
They are closing down the Israeli
Factory.

Top Bottom