What's new

Blade Disposal?

Blade disposal can I repurposed tonight from an old curry spice tin.
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG

I cut a slot in the top of a prescription pill bottle and put them in there. When it gets full, I put an uncut lid on on the bottle and toss it in the trash. I then put my "slotted lid" on a new bottle and away I go ;-)

Cheap blade banks are available from online vendors. Also, soup cans of Beef or Chicken broth are easy to clean out if you puncture the top with a sturdy knife and hammer.

What do you all do with your blades when they become dull?

I don't want to just toss them in the trash for safety reasons. I can too easily imagine my wife compacting the trash can and getting a nasty cut.

I'm guessing wrap them in TP and toss or put them in a can or jar for future bulk disposal are common solutions?

There are lots of options. For sure do not toss them in the garbage as is though. Even the TP idea seems risky to me and I would not do it. I picked up a blade bank from one of the wet shaving supply houses. Just a few bucks. You can use a can or jar if you prefer as well.

Theres lots of options. You can buy a Feather blade bank, you can use an old soap tub, you can use a coffee can or if you buy those 5 or 10 blade packs, some of them give you a slot for used blades.

Top Bottom