What's new

Blade Disposal?

What do you all do with your blades when they become dull?

I don't want to just toss them in the trash for safety reasons. I can too easily imagine my wife compacting the trash can and getting a nasty cut.

I'm guessing wrap them in TP and toss or put them in a can or jar for future bulk disposal are common solutions?

Most anything solid to keep old blades in, I use a small jelly jar. When full, wrap it in duck tape and toss. Recycle centers are loathe to take them - injuries, blood borne pathogens, etc. A metal can could be sealed and maybe recycled.

If you have the type of can opener that makes a horizontal cut through the the bead you can repurpose any empty can (after you've enjoyed your tomatoes, green beans, creamed corn etc). Wash the can, make a slot in the top, use a little JB Weld to reattach the can lid and fill it up. It's safe and recyclable.

If recycling isn't an issue just use an empty Rx bottle. Or even a large Tylenol or Advil bottle. Gatorade or Tea bottle with a wide opening work too as long as you don't have to worry about little ones getting to them.

$double-edge-blade-bank.jpg

Get a can of beef or chicken broth slit the top, empty contents, then rinse. You now have a sealed can (minus the slit) which is very secure. Does not take up much room in the bathroom cabinet, won't break or fall over very easy. When full a piece of tape seals the deal. I spray paint mine black and use a label maker to mark "Razor Blades" for asthetic purposes. It's also very secure if you have kids or grand kids around.

Thanks for all the replies folks! What the one above? Looks sharp (sic) and simple.

I save mine up in a mint tin and then take it to my doctors surgery where they dispose of the blades for me [emoji1303]

I've got a tips tin with a slot in the top that can only be opened with a tin opener.
When it's eventually full, I'll seal the slot with tape and put it in the recycling skip
It won't be for a very long time - after 18+ months the used blades are only 2 inches deep

I bought a $2 blade bank with a picture of a blade on it. After it's full, I'll whack the opening with a hammer and toss it in the recycling.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
$IMG_1867.jpg
This is my blade bank. I found it at the dollar store for, duh, $1. It's about 8" high and will take quite a few years to fill.

Thanks for all the replies folks! What the one above? Looks sharp (sic) and simple.

I think most of the online shaving places (including B&B vendors) have something like it. I forgot where I got mine, but it was $2 and it looks different than the picture, but basically the same thing. I found that the base to mine is removable/replaceable so I just empty out the blades into a tin can when it gets full.

This is my blade bank. I found it at the dollar store for, duh, $1. It's about 8" high and will take quite a few years to fill.

I'm not sure I could handle cute at the time I shave in the morning. :lol:

Top Bottom