What's new

Blade disposal

I have an old beer can I keep in my Med cabinet I put my blades into. After 5 years , between my wife and I it is about a third full. When it is full I will put it into recycling container and start a new can.

One of the members recently posted an interesting thread about a blade bank made out of a can.
Looked pretty cool.I might have to do the same one of these days,for now,and I know it is a terrible mistake,when I replace blades I just wrap them in the new blade's wax paper and toss it into the garbage bin.

I took a used green bean can, cleaned it out really good, and took the label off. Luckily my can opener cuts underneath the rim so it's a clean, smooth cut. I glued that back on. I then took a knife and cut a slit in the top of the can. Then, I spray painted it and put a sticker on it to give it a cool look to it.

$blade bank1.jpg

my col. conks soaps come in a little plastic tub with a lid. I've moved one of the soaps to my bowl, and am using the tub to keep my old razors. Once its full, I'll start over again.

I do pretty much the same as demaro, just with an energy drink can since it has a smaller base that fits better in my med cabinet. Make two holes in the top with large nails, drain the can, flip it so it's upside-down and open a slot in the bottom (I used a large flat screwdriver and hammered it to make the slot bit by bit). If you're feeling fancy you could spray-paint it in a snazzy colour.

Or you could buy the Feather blade bank :)

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Casey, that blade bank is awesome.

I use a beer can.

Attachments

• $IMG_4493.jpg
    $IMG_4493.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 240
I have a couple of the store branded Personna blade packs with the dispensers, and they have a bank built in to them.

I use a sharp container (red plastic) that our City provides free to residents. Another option is to use like a Tide detergent bottle, when full put the lid on and properly dispose of it.

I took a used green bean can, cleaned it out really good, and took the label off. Luckily my can opener cuts underneath the rim so it's a clean, smooth cut. I glued that back on. I then took a knife and cut a slit in the top of the can. Then, I spray painted it and put a sticker on it to give it a cool look to it.

This. Works great. I use super glue, and the top will never come off...

I prefer not to use anything large, like a soup can or laundry detergent bottle. Here's a years worth (about 100) in a small...about 3" tall...Rx bottle. When full, I'll just throw it away.

$8326988232_23fc340652_z.jpg

The slit found in the medicine cabinet. Warning label written on the inside of the wall to warn those of what's below in the hollow place inside the wall. House was my grandfather's, I am not planning on moving.

I use a pill container, this one is about four inches long with over 100 blades in it. When it gets filled, into the garbage, and
start a new one.$004.jpg:thumbup:

I have an old beer can I keep in my Med cabinet I put my blades into. After 5 years , between my wife and I it is about a third full. When it is full I will put it into recycling container and start a new can.

I have an old ice tea can, but its a 16 ouncer, so I should be able to use the same one for the rest of my life.

I put them in the slot on the back of the plastic blade box (Feathers). When I finish with the five pack of blades, I put them in the recycle bin. Our local pickup accepts mixed recyclables. Metal, plastic and paper all go in the same bin so its not an issue to put metal in the plastic box.

Top Bottom