What's new

Blade disposal, what do folks use?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm ashamed to show mine. It's an old Oreo cookie container. It's on a shelf way above my toilet. I've also put a glass Christmas ornament that broke in it.

As to burying them: I have lots of property, honestly, the War Department and I are both still happily married after all these years because we could dispose of each other's body somewhere here. Ok, just joking, please don't get upset you unmarried folks with no sense of humor.

My homestead here has been in the family for over 60 years, and back then we didn't have roadside pick up of refuse. So lots of stuff got hauled back to the back 40.

When we were kids my dad dug us kids a swimming pool. When summer ended, he threw all his beer bottles in there, and now, and this is the God's honest truth, at least 98% anyway, today we will find brown glass HUNDREDS of feet from that ole swimmin' hole. Why? Do moles enjoy moving glass? No idea. Just one of the many questions I plan to ask my Maker when we meet face to face.

As to razor blades: if I decided to walk out in the woods and leave them in a pile exposed to the elements I figure they'd just dull up from mother nature's process. But I'll tape my plastic container up and toss it in the trash.

Not sorry for my long winded reply, it was nice remembering that old swimmin' hole!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My homestead here has been in the family for over 60 years, and back then we didn't have roadside pick up of refuse. So lots of stuff got hauled back to the back 40.
That's the way it was on a farm back in the day. You'd have someone with a back hoe dig you a pit. You threw your garbage in it. Occasionally you'd light it on fire. After it got full, you'd cover it over and dig another one. Back then there was much less plastic. Metal, glass, paper and food scraps was the bulk of it.

FarmerTan

That's the way it was on a farm back in the day. You'd have someone with a back hoe dig you a pit. You threw your garbage in it. Occasionally you'd light it on fire. After it got full, you'd cover it over and dig another one. Back then there was much less plastic. Metal, glass, paper and food scraps was the bulk of it.
Yep. We ALWAYS had an old 55 gallon drum with holes we shot in the bottom from a .410 slug that we put up on bricks and burned the paper stuff inside of. That was my Granny's job, among others, lol. Good memories.

After filling up an old pill bottle, duct taping it, and throwing it in the trash, I have become much more sophisticated. Now I have an old baking powder container with a roughly cut slit in the lid. It should be full in 4 or 5 years.

FarmerTan

After filling up an old pill bottle, duct taping it, and throwing it in the trash, I have become much more sophisticated. Now I have an old baking powder container with a roughly cut slit in the lid. It should be full in 4 or 5 years.
Smart! I need to cut a slot in my Oreo mini cookies container.

Laundry detergent bottle. Cheer or Tide or something like that. Under the sink. I expect to fill it sometime after Skynet clones Richard Nixon to be our supreme overlord.

I use an old soap container. A DE blade can fit in the opening of a soda or seltzer can with no fear of it falling out so at times I’ve used that solution in a pinch.

Plastic coffee can, with a slot cut in the lid. One in the bathroom I shave in for spent shaving blades; a couple others elsewhere in the house for spent utility-knife blades, SE blades from window-scrapers, X-Acto blades, and so forth.

If any of them ever gets full, I reckon I'll take it directly to a foundry.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I use a ceramic frog. This is a PAA replica from a Listerine blade bank from the Art-Deco era.
Lovely! :001_wub:
View attachment 945070
Those blade banks were given out by the Listerene Corp. during 1936-37 along with a Democrat Donkey and a Republican Elephant edition...very nice replica.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just don't care for what if's that aren't very likely.

Someone jumping into a trash bin with a blade filled pill container could easily get a blade actually lodged into a bone, and since they're dumpster diving, you can bet they don't have insurance. Trying to cut kids fingers off is especially cruel, placing them into piggy banks, or at least things that look like piggy banks ;)
'Occupational' Hazard.

Top Bottom