What's new

Blade counter

I'm over 70 & here's my method:

1 - if there's no blade in the razor when I go to use it, I put a new one in.
2 - If there is a blade in the razor when I go to use it, it means it's already been used once and I toss it out when done.

No problems keeping track of blade usage.

I usually
blade abacus
That is a pretty cool way to do it. Everyone always has such interesting and creative ways to go about their shaving business. I hope everyone has a wonderful day off tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all the peeps in the US!

I'm over 70 & here's my method:

1 - if there's no blade in the razor when I go to use it, I put a new one in.
2 - If there is a blade in the razor when I go to use it, it means it's already been used once and I toss it out when done.

No problems keeping track of blade usage.

Same for me except a slight modification for 2. "If there is a blade in the razor when I go to use it, it means it's already been used once" - and I put a new one in.

I use an Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of the razor, soap-cream, blade, and number of shaves from that blade.

I use percentile dice from a standard D&D dice set, and stabilize them with a little wad of adhesive putty.
For that photo though, I had to reverse them so as to express 100 shaves, instead or "00+1". When used properly, they go from 0 to 99 (as in 90+9).
D&D sets come in a remarkable variety of sizes, colours, and materials, to suit any decor.
proxy.php

I used to use just the D12, then the D20, and then I got carried away with pushing blades to 100 uses, if I could.

Then there are these compact row/stitch counters, for knitting...
proxy.php

... which are a species of "mechanical tally counters":
proxy.php

I use an Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of the razor, soap-cream, blade, and number of shaves from that blade.

Showing my age, I use Excel'97 to track my shaves & usage. My blade count is filled in, in advance, for the month, as it rarely goes above 2. Blades are as cheap as a stick of gum and I don't chew the same stick of gum for a week.

I quit counting a long time ago. Does blade pull when shaving chin or irritation on neck if not keep shaving. If any tugging starts on chin or any irritation begins ditch it!

Not exactly shave related, but I really like that shelf @DoctorStrobe . I have been looking for one to hang adjacent to my bathroom counter. Need more space to store my gear...

That's a Delta towel rack with glass shelf. Bought from Home Depot website - not stocked in store.

I haven't really been using it to count shaves lately... I've been "blade surfing" through a sample pack.

If I'm sampling blades, I record the shave quality and notes in a ledger. If doing a mass sample, I change at 3 uses. If finding the leader from a narrowed list, I use until shave quality is below the standard I had set for the comparison, recording results daily. Normal use I discard when shave quality/comfort drops to an unsatisfactory level.

Top Bottom