What's new

Blade Biter's Tasting Notes

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I just had one of the worst shaves I can remember!

Second use Wilkinson Super Sword Edge loaded in a New SC and generously lathered Arko! Blade felt plenty sharp, but every stroke felt rougher than the one before.

I didn't mind it much and continued my 2 pass shave as usual. Aftershave splash felt about average.

But when I left the bathroom and stroked my face (we all do that right?) I saw blood! Blotted my face with some tissue paper and there was literally 100+ red pinholes!

I won't post any disgusting pictures, but it looked as if every hair follicle was bleeding!

A generous all over alum rub contained the slaughter and I left the house without looking like ive just been mugged, but damn!
Yikes! Heal up quickly, my friend.

Second use Wilkinson Super Sword Edge loaded in a New SC and generously lathered Arko! Blade felt plenty sharp, but every stroke felt rougher than the one before.

I didn't mind it much and continued my 2 pass shave as usual. Aftershave splash felt about average.

But when I left the bathroom and stroked my face (we all do that right?) I saw blood! Blotted my face with some tissue paper and there was literally 100+ red pinholes!

I won't post any disgusting pictures, but it looked as if every hair follicle was bleeding!

A generous all over alum rub contained the slaughter and I left the house without looking like ive just been mugged, but damn!
That sounds terrible. I hope you heal up quickly.

That sucks when the blades bite back! It can only go up from here. I hope your next shave is way better!

Nice list but too bad width is not tracked. That would help to support comfort and possible sharpness.
We have a width blade list somewhere but from what I remember, it was a pretty short list.
BFX

Me, I stick with 3..
Feather, Bic and Persona.
Testing days are long over..

And Well, I do feed my brother all the other blades, he will use just about any DE blade. He does not care.
Except China DE's and most from India.
He is one & done also shaver.
Now his king kong stubble is even thicker, denser, grows in all different directions, and faster then mine...
And that is with a 2 pass shave and depending on the tool, a possible light touch up.
We both love a variety in razors but prefer SR's, DE's - R41s, Slants and others to mix it up...

Enjoy the shave and the blade journey...
BFX

Top Bottom