What's new

Blade Availability in Amsterdam

I will be in Amsterdam in mid April, traveling for two weeks and since I do carryon, what is the availability of buying some "good" DE blades there and where they might be sold?

Most times I will send ahead blades but that in usually in places where I know there isn't a selection or I'm kind of off the grid. Since we will be in a major city like Amsterdam, I will curious what is available.

Thanks / Gene

I live in Rotterdam myself so I am not to familiar with what is available in brick and mortar stores in Amsterdam.

But I do know you can find HEMA store branded blades in the HEMA warehouse store(which you can find in many Dutch cities so Amsterdam as well). They are Personna rebranded blades.

Furthermore you should be able to find a decent selection of blades at open air markets. I have seen DE blades sold at all open air markets in multiple cities I have been to. Various Supermax blades as well as Derby's, Wilkinsons swords and Gillette Goals are sold at them.

Grocery stores run by Turkish immigrants also sell DE blades. As well as other shaving products such as Arko Shaving cream and soaps.

I live in Rotterdam myself so I am not to familiar with what is available in brick and mortar stores in Amsterdam.

But I do know you can find HEMA store branded blades in the HEMA warehouse store(which you can find in many Dutch cities so Amsterdam as well). They are Personna rebranded blades.

Furthermore you should be able to find a decent selection of blades at open air markets. I have seen DE blades sold at all open air markets in multiple cities I have been to. Various Supermax blades as well as Derby's, Wilkinsons swords and Gillette Goals are sold at them.

Grocery stores run by Turkish immigrants also sell DE blades. As well as other shaving products such as Arko Shaving cream and soaps.

Joost, thank you and that works for me as I use Personna blades as well as Derby. I was thinking this was the case and would save me the time & expense to ship blades ahead.

I have sent an email to my B&B hosts to check on what is nearby as even though we will be on vacation, I "think" SWMBO" would want me to be presentable :biggrin1:

Gene

Top Bottom