What's new

Blade Addiction

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I said that an expert was a fella who was afraid to learn anything new because then he wouldn’t be an expert anymore.
Thank you sir.

I got so much crap rollin' round my cranial cavity I never know what will fall out my mouth.

FarmerTan

Luckily this thread is about razors blades and not .22 ammo. I keep buying mine assuming my kids will eventually shoot it at this point. Once I hit 10000 rounds I stopped counting.🤣
Same here. It makes me mad that my son is a better shot me and he rarely shoots. Brat.

Sorry guys, anyone with enough blades to last 100 years and keep on buying DOES have a problem! Ok, they are not expensive, but you can't even do anything with them except shave. Do you also have loads of soap too? Sor5y if this sounds harsh, but ......
Granted your comment wasn't specifically directed at myself or any particular individual, I would still like to answer your rhetorical question.
Why yes, I do have loads of soap! I also have a bunch of razors, brushes, and aftershave.
And I count my blessings that I can afford to!
I enjoy knowing that I have plenty of blades to share with my wife whom uses a DE razor as well. I enjoy sharing blades with friends and family, especially blades that they've never tried. And from time to time I enjoy PIFing enough of a variety of blades to someone new to DE shaving that they're potentially set for several years blade wise.
I also like to delude myself in think that I'm doing my part to incurrage DE blade manufacturers to continue making DE blades so that generations to come can enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours.
20200120_104620.jpg20200120_102203.jpg20200120_104835.jpg20200120_104802.jpg20200120_104705.jpg

Granted your comment wasn't specifically directed at myself or any particular individual, I would still like to answer your rhetorical question.
Why yes, I do have loads of soap! I also have a bunch of razors, brushes, and aftershave.
I enjoy knowing that I have plenty of blades to share with my wife whom uses a DE razor as well. I enjoy sharing blades with friends and family, especially blades that they've never tried. And from time to time I enjoy PIFing enough of a variety of blades to someone new to DE shaving that they're potentially set for several years blade wise.
I also like to delude myself in think that I'm doing my part to incurrage DE blade manufacturers to continue making DE blades so that generations to come can enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours.
View attachment 1054754View attachment 1054755View attachment 1054756View attachment 1054757View attachment 1054758
Wow....wow...and wow!!
You have just set an example for me....LOL..that's where I wanna be...by end of 2020...!!!
Indeed a wonderful hobby...I am just too far away from the epicenter...but...still not discouraged and will strive to achieve something like your collection...thanks for sharing...

View attachment 1054754View attachment 1054755View attachment 1054756View attachment 1054757View attachment 1054758
What no pics of the blade stockpile? lol
And what’s your address? I’m sending you a Christmas card. :angel: Haha!!!

I am so happy that you have a great shave den.Believe me I understand how super it is to have so many choices.I have over 100 soaps 65 razors and over3000 blades.I give lots away and have gotten many into de shaving.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That puts you in the Shaving Hall of fame

-so sorry i may have caused offence, none meant. I can see you may give them to friends if de blades are ever discontinued. A friend of my mother's had a phrase' it takes all sorts to make the world'!!!

I'm 55 years old and shave between 4-6 times a month. I have around
200 GSB's, 150 Polsilver SI's, 50 Feather, 50 Nacet and 100 Injector blades.
I'm sorted and some of my blades will likely end up on ebay when I kick the bucket.

If you like them buy them while they are cheap. Why not.

I have just a tick over 200 blades. I just started with DE shaving in Aug 2019. I am aiming to always have a 100 pack in reserve. As I read on B&B preferences change over time and I have 5 or so blades I really like so I will just acquire as needed, it always be around the 200 ish mark.

FarmerTan

I have a terrible memory because my brain leaks blood most of the time, and I had a pretty bad memory to begin with, but I'm about 99.45% certain that I am a recipient of a PIF from you my friend.

When I first got on here I was constantly being given blades. B&B is a VERY generous place, and one of the few places that lovingly tolerates people like me.

Top Bottom