What's new

Blade Addiction

I have about 17 blades....total...yep. Still going through my sampler.

Now when I zero down on what I want I'll not hesitate to get 200-300.

I suffer this affliction but in a more ridiculous fashion. I’ve probably got 10,000 blades and now I’ve grown a beard and I stretch blade life. If you find a cure, send it my way😂
PS. I tried switching to soaps, now I just have a hundred or so of them...😂😂
I do have genuine OCD and hope you don’t fall into the same traps.

Last edited:
I probably have 2000 blades I've collected over the years. Most new, some vintage, some counterfeit. And the other day I ordered another 100 off ebay of something I've never tried before. I used to shave daily but now I'm down to once or twice a week. I don't keep track of number of shaves or make notes. If it feel good use it. If it feels bad trash it.

Any blades I buy now is just the 100 pack. Saves on shipping.

I don't see having RBAD as a problem unless you are going into debt for it.

Plus, when the shavepocolypse happens, blades will be used as currency.

I suffer this affliction but in a more ridiculous fashion. I’ve probably got 10,000 blades and now I’ve grown a beard and I stretch blade life. If you find a cure, send it my way😂
PS. I tried switching to soaps, now I just have a hundred or so of them...😂😂
I do have genuine OCD and hope you don’t fall into the same traps.
I feel the same way. I’m planning to get more blades but always want to grow a beard at the same time. But this hobby makes me favor shaving instead. A total mental conflict going on with me. Part of my wanting to stock up on more blades is the fear that they’ll quit making them. I know, it’s crazy making. Oh well, I’m just gonna keep buying for awhile.... it’s a lot of fun.

Just placed an order for 100 Gillette Yellows. I am restocking my stash.... they should arrive by Thursday, I can’t wait to use one. Ah the addiction continues!

My stocks are adequate. I have Shark Super (or Superior?) Chromes, Astras, over 100 Israeli Personnas, Derby Premiums, and assorted odds and ends.

I shall greet the zombie Apocalypse with a clean shave.

I only have about 140 blades in my den. I will be stocking up but in reasonable amounts. However, if the shavepocalpyse is on the horizon ...

In all seriousness, I think razors and blades fit uniquely well together. A shaving marriage if you will. If you have that forever love (or complete harem, if you will), stock up for life to keep razor and blade (and skin) happy. If however, you are still razor dating, then maybe hold off on blade storage. My own mostly humorous (attempt) 2 cents.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've got 3000 and I don't feel guilty because I give 20-30 away at a time so I PIF it all the time.There are worse things to collect.I also have 50 plus soaps I give away too.Winner blades are the most popular!
Very nice of you to do so my friend!

I'll join in and admit I have the same...ahem...addiction? Or..preservation of future vintage blades...
These are my collection of 45 varieties of blade totally 2000++
20200106_221331.jpg

My favourite past time now wherever I go is to hunt for special DE blades...
Still missing some famous blades...

Did a very quick calculation of my blades the other day, I guess I have somewhere in the region of 2000 blades in a variety of brands.

Have 100 Tatra on the way, and if they are good I will probably stock up on them. Feels good to never worry about blades 😄

When you purchase blades, the shipping cost is a substantial part of the cost of the blades. Thus, purchasing a minimum of 100 blades (or more) lowers the cost per blade. You can often purchase 100 blades for just slightly more than the cost of 20 blades or even a five-blade tuck, so you might as well stock up.

Of course, if you already have enough blades to last the rest of your life, purchasing more might not be cost effective.

My advice just buy in bulk the ones you have tried and like; otherwise it's a waste of $$$. Once you have narrowed it to say 3-5...get them if on sale..... I have a lot of the ones I like and SADLY some I bought at the beginning based on youtube reviews (all almost useless, I may throw one half in a shavette and take a swing now and then and toss them, but my used normal blades are better). And now...on my way to order ma$

My advice just buy in bulk the ones you have tried and like; otherwise it's a waste of $$$. Once you have narrowed it to say 3-5...get them if on sale..... I have a lot of the ones I like and SADLY some I bought at the beginning based on youtube reviews (all almost useless, I may throw one half in a shavette and take a swing now and then and toss them, but my used normal blades are better). And now...on my way to order ma$
👍👍👍

My advice is to buy them in 10 packs until you're sure. More than once I bought 100 and were sick of them 10-20 blades in, or didn't like them in a new razor. I currently have 700 Astra SP and IP Red blades, but I've been using them almost exclusively for 5 years in all my DE's and they will outlast me, even being tossed after 2 shaves.

I'll join in and admit I have the same...ahem...addiction? Or..preservation of future vintage blades...
These are my collection of 45 varieties of blade totally 2000++
View attachment 1050953
My favourite past time now wherever I go is to hunt for special DE blades...
Still missing some famous blades...

I admit I have been in the DE blade game for almost 20 years now and I have quite the collection. However, you have some I have only heard about - some "knock offs" and others completely new to me.

Top Bottom