What's new

Blade Addiction

Hi my name is Soda and I'm addicted to blades. ;)

I recently bought 200ct of Astra SPs, because they're my favs and I only had 1 tuck left. But IB had a good price on Personnas Reds, Voshkods and Nancets, so I ordered 100ct of each of those.

Sigh, then I was shopping on Amazon when GBSs popped up for less than 20CAN. Once I added those to my cart, Amazon suggested Personnas Comfort Coated for just over 20CAN.

My last 100ct of SPs lasted me 3 years, so I have 21 years of shaving ahead. oops.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hi my name is Soda and I'm addicted to blades. ;)

I recently bought 200ct of Astra SPs, because they're my favs and I only had 1 tuck left. But IB had a good price on Personnas Reds, Voshkods and Nancets, so I ordered 100ct of each of those.

Sigh, then I was shopping on Amazon when GBSs popped up for less than 20CAN. Once I added those to my cart, Amazon suggested Personnas Comfort Coated for just over 20CAN.

My last 100ct of SPs lasted me 3 years, so I have 21 years of shaving ahead. oops.
Yeah, you got it bad my friend.

But it could be worse!

It wasn't razors!

Found some unique DE Blades during my work travel (after work hunting for anything DE)
20200222_220904.jpg

20200222_221419.jpg

It's all in our local language - Malaysian. Interestingly looks old. Will try both blades tomorrow..

Interesting. I have an addition but to new blades......have a bunch of old ones but NO interest in trying them.....well I tried one that the Utubers brag about them....mine were HORRIBLE.....

Cheers.......Nacets are my FaV

Found & bought more blades...
I shouldn't....but I am addicted!!

SuperMax Platinum Plus, these are great...at my home city..unable to find anymore so I grab a bunch...really cheap!
20200223_145256.jpg

Found and grab these kinda vintage looking DE blades...made in Malaysia but no more nowdays..
20200223_135758.jpg

I’m not into hoarding. I just buy on an as needed basis. When I’m down to my last tuck I order a new pack at whatever size gets me free shipping. It arrives within a few days. Having too much stuff hanging around makes me uncomfortable. I prefer a minimalist approach.

Consider this. If you buy more than you will ever use was it good value? If you find something you like more will you feel compelled to continue to use something you like less because you invested so heavily?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. Do you ask what is the proper limit to wealth? It is, first, to have what is necessary, and, second, to have what is enough.
Seneca. Letters from a Stoic (The Epistles of Seneca) (Digireads.Com Classic) (p. 8-9). Digireads.com. Kindle Edition.

When I backpack in the Colorado Mountains, all I crave is food, water, shelter and warmth. As ultra-light backpackers, my son and I carry a total of 42 pounds for a three day trip. This includes a good bit of water. Our pack is lightened by the gear we leave home.

One razor, one type of blades, one soap, one brush...this is enough for me. In fact, I'm rich because I have only enough of everything. My burden is light because I don't have too much of anything.
Well, ...looks like we have our #1 prepper for shavepocalypse! [emoji1628]
:biggrin1: [emoji106] :wink2:

Certainly anything below a 1000 blades qualifies for an emergency situation.
[emoji602]
I agree completely only a thousand could be disasterous!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom