What's new

Blackland vs timeless vs ATT

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I haven't used my ATT since discovering Timeless. What gap and combo did you get?

Got the titanium 0.95 solid bar with the smooth cap.

Im not a fan of the scalloped head or base.

If i change something it will be the base plate for the open comb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your purchase! I'd love to hear how it works for you when you receive it :thumbup1:

Great choice, let us know what you think

IMO you got the best combo! One of my two daily drivers is the polished Ti .95 SB with smooth cap and Stork Ti handle. I have Timeless in all gaps and combos in SS, and although I like the look of the scalloped cap and baseplate, I think the SB is just as efficient (and a little smoother) as the scalloped. I hope you're as pleased with the combo as I am.

Before anyone has to ask; my other daily driver is the Game Changer .84-- a premium razor at a very affordable price.

IMO you got the best combo! One of my two daily drivers is the polished Ti .95 SB with smooth cap and Stork Ti handle. I have Timeless in all gaps and combos in SS, and although I like the look of the scalloped cap and baseplate, I think the SB is just as efficient (and a little smoother) as the scalloped. I hope you're as pleased with the combo as I am.

Before anyone has to ask; my other daily driver is the Game Changer .84-- a premium razor at a very affordable price.

Yeah, if money is an issue get a gamechanger. It’s very nice too.

Reviving a dead thread, but anyone else find the Timeless to just be...inefficient? Its probably me though, different parts of my face are over sensitized due to eczema/seb derm. So far the only razors that have been smooth for me are the Tatara and the 37c. The ATT was okay, but i had to focus too hard on the shave. The blackland was a little more efficient but a little harsh as well

While I don’t have any experience with any ATT razor, I prefer Blackland over Timeless. For me, while giving me a mindless, auto pilot, ok shave, the head on the Timeless (.68 safety bar, stainless) is bulkier than either of my Blacklands (Dart and Brass Blackbird, both safety bar). Too clunky for my taste.
I actually haven’t picked up my Timeless since buying the Dart. Chances are it will end up here on the BST page before too long.
I realize there is a difference in aggressiveness between my Timeless and either of my Blacklands, but for efficiency, it is no contest. The Blackbird and Dart come out on top. I had considered a different Timeless base plate, but while getting a more efficient shave, it still wouldn’t change the overall head design.
I’d also throw RazoRock Game Changer into this category. Quality razor, well designed and built, and gives a close comfortable shave. I have one with .84 safety bar.
Did you get rough shaves in your timeless as well? What blade did you use?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Ti 0.68-SB with a scalloped brass cap and the Stainless 0.95-OC with scalloped cap. Both are outstanding. I tend to reach for the Ti 0.68-SB and load a Kai blade.

Both are smooth and effective.

I find the Timeless Razors to be both smooth and efficient. I use the .68 for everyday shaving. I use the .95 when I go more than a couple of days between shaves. I have them both in stainless and Ti. Currently my favorite razors are Timeless.
E06BB12A-E272-48EC-9EC0-B12636EE5D3E.jpeg

I have the original ATT razor with both the R and H head.
This is the razor that ended my RAD.
Great shave, quality,and design.
ATT stainless is my daily razor ( I travel with a Fatip, good all brass inexpensive razor).
There are a lot of super premium razors out there today (maybe to many),
makes me sympathetic to the vintage Gillette purists, even I would like to try a red tip,
but for me the razor is just a shave not a hobby.
Hope every one out there is staying safe!!!

Did you get rough shaves in your timeless as well? What blade did you use?

I almost exclusively use Gillette Platinum or Personna Lab Blue for blades. I’ve never gotten a rough or bad shave from the Timeless. I just get closer shaves from other razors, using the same number of passes, and I really don’t like the head design. The RazoRock .84 Game Changer has become my daily driver.

Top Bottom