What's new

Blackland vector

@JoeLr I too replaced the Vector's handle with something more grippy. Titanium here too, and a longer neck as well.
Joe's Vector.jpg

I have this razor in my cart from Maggards and am just debating about pulling the trigger. I have a few Occam’s razors so don’t need it, but dang it looks amazing and people rave about it.

Is the best shave angle with the Vector leaning more towards the guard (steeper angle) or the towards the top (shallower angle)? I've tried both and in between, but I'm not getting a very smooth movement of the razor. Too shallow and I feel like I'm pulling out the hair, too steep and the razor seems to bind up (getting stuck against the skin) and not remove very much stubble. This is with one day growth and mostly with the first WTG pass.
Second XTG and third WTG passes are much smoother. I'm getting a good shave, but there is some irritation with the first pass.
The only blade that worked for me was the Proline. It also took me quite a few shaves to get it right. I stuck with it and now I love it. I use a light touch and a medium to shallow angle.

The Blackland Vector is the very best razor I have ever used!
It is an amazing piece o shaving gear.
I've tried MANY razor over the years. None of them is so smooth and so effective at the same time. It is not the most effective and not the smoothest. But It is super effective end super smooth. I have never seen a razor this smooth being so effective. It is crazy. It is a disruptive kind o gear. Truly amazing.
If someone is over the fence about getting one like I was for so long don't think twice and just go for it! It is that good!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Blackland Vector is the very best razor I have ever used!
It is an amazing piece o shaving gear.
I've tried MANY razor over the years. None of them is so smooth and so effective at the same time. It is not the most effective and not the smoothest. But It is super effective end super smooth. I have never seen a razor this smooth being so effective. It is crazy. It is a disruptive kind o gear. Truly amazing.
If someone is over the fence about getting one like I was for so long don't think twice and just go for it! It is that good!

The Vector is an outstanding razor! Excellent in every way! :thumbup:

well bollocks
I had been having a den clearing and selling most of my shaving stuff, but the almost universal love this razor gets means I'm gonna have to pick 1 up as soon as i get a chance

Top Bottom