What's new

Blackland vector

Yes, it's great!

Blackland's SE razors are the only safety razor style SE's I own and for a reason.

I've also used the titanium Paradigm SE, but I much prefer the vector. I found the paradigm to be too mild.

Yes, it's great!

Blackland's SE razors are the only safety razor style SE's I own and for a reason.

I've also used the titanium Paradigm SE, but I much prefer the vector. I found the paradigm to be too mild.
Im thinking of placing a pre- order.

Ive only heard good things about this razor.

Is the handle a bit too long though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vector is the razor I most enjoy using from the 40 or so DE and SE models I own (and the maybe 40 others I have tried at some time). It's not just that it gives a great shave, because I can get results just as good from many other razors. I like it because it gives these great results without fuss, yet I can still appreciate that I'm wielding an extremely sharp blade; it feels well balanced and substantial in my hand, but isn't at all heavy or clunky; it's well made and should long outlast me; and I like the look of the design — a lot. The handle sits well with the head, to me, but that's very subjective.

The Vector is one razor I've always wanted to try. Never seen a bad review on it, super slim like an injector, which should make it idea for getting a close shave up around the nose and nostrils, with minimal fuss. - Only, negative for me is yet another blade format to buy, already having a stock pile of DE, Injector, GEM, and FHS blades. (Not to mention the KAI BEST blades that don't want to insert into my OneBlade, being a hair too big).

Its 92mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup!
However it doesn't feel that long to me since the head of the razor is so small. A 92mm handle on a DE would be a deal breaker for me since I hate long handles. The vector feels like any other DE with an 85mm handle in terms of length.

Edit: Just measured the entire razor and it measures about 98mm.

Jgreenepa

Contributor
I love my Vector. I use it for both dome and face. it checks all the boxes. It my Favorite AC razor.

The Vector is the razor I most wish that I had bought - instead of lots of other double and single edge razors. Not that I'm unhappy with the razors I have, but I believe that the Vector would suit me well and that eventually I'll wind up buying it despite the nearly $200 price tag. Next up for me, however, is the Classic Shaving Enoch. Maybe it will make me forget about wanting a Vector, but I somehow doubt it.