What's new

Blackland Vector

I had a bit of a rough start with this razor, including a defective cap. It is my first AC razor and I found that I had to adjust my technique to make it work. Now, though, I'm in love with the thing. It's just a very comfortable razor to use. I get consistently close shaves and the small profile of the head just makes the thing so maneuverable that it's fun to use.

I just completed shave number 21 with a Proline blade (flipping occasionally) and I'm just really digging this razor. When this blade gives up I'll go back to DEs for awhile, just because, but after 3 months of use I'm rating this a definite winner.

***** :001_cool:

Glad you like it. It is certainly one beautiful razor - even though you didn't show a photo of it!

My rough start with AC razors started with the dull Feather blades, Schick Prolines fixed that problem! The General and El Jefe are both fine razors with the Proline, but the ATT SE1 is slightly more efficient and just as smooth.

I never looked back, I don't use DE razors anymore. I can easily get BBS shaves everytime with DE's, SE's does it better though.

Part of your success with AC razors is the exclusive time you gave them. The other part is the Schick Proline blade! :001_tt2:

Excellent report! Really considering this as a contender, blind buy, come bonus time. Reports are pretty consistent on quality and delivery of an excellent shave.

The interesting, flattened screw post choice (unless it’s been changed at all recently?) has me a little leary on prolonged use, but I think I could get beyond that little detail. :001_smile

...even though you didn't show a photo of it!

Yea what’s up with that! :001_tongu

The interesting, flattened screw post choice (unless it’s been changed at all recently?) has me a little leary on prolonged use, but I think I could get beyond that little detail.

I haven't seen any cross threading post, but they do instruct you on how to assemble the razor on their website!

Their GEM Sabre razor has the same flat post.

The narrow threaded post of the Vector requires additional care when assembling. Align the post with the handle and thread the handle on slowly at first to ensure proper thread alignment. If resistance is met, back the handle off before attempting once more. Forcing a misaligned handle may damage the top cap and/or handle. Once the handle has begun to successfully thread onto the top cap, screw the handle on as normal.

I haven't seen any cross threading post, but they do instruct you on how to assemble the razor on their website!

Their GEM Sabre razor has the same flat post.

Yea it’s just a little scary for the cash one has to pony up for it. Not a huge dissuading factor though.

Excellent report! Really considering this as a contender, blind buy, come bonus time. Reports are pretty consistent on quality and delivery of an excellent shave.

The interesting, flattened screw post choice (unless it’s been changed at all recently?) has me a little leary on prolonged use, but I think I could get beyond that little detail. :001_smile

Yea what’s up with that! :001_tongu
It's easy to thread it properly if you just pay attention. I wouldn't worry too much about the thread strength either; it is stainless steel and plenty strong enough for its intended purpose. I think it would be difficult to over torque the post.

I had a bit of a rough start with this razor, including a defective cap. It is my first AC razor and I found that I had to adjust my technique to make it work. Now, though, I'm in love with the thing. It's just a very comfortable razor to use. I get consistently close shaves and the small profile of the head just makes the thing so maneuverable that it's fun to use.

I just completed shave number 21 with a Proline blade (flipping occasionally) and I'm just really digging this razor. When this blade gives up I'll go back to DEs for awhile, just because, but after 3 months of use I'm rating this a definite winner.

***** :001_cool:
Its great to hear this razor is working out great for you, but aren't you afraid the Paradigm SE will get a little jealous? How do they compare now that your getting good shaves from the Vector?
Yea it’s just a little scary for the cash one has to pony up for it.
Its not Paradigm SE scary pricing though!! I think Shane has it priced very fairly considering pricing nowadays on quality SS razors.

It's easy to thread it properly if you just pay attention. I wouldn't worry too much about the thread strength either; it is stainless steel and plenty strong enough for its intended purpose. I think it would be difficult to over torque the post.

Good to hear.

Its not Paradigm SE scary pricing though!! I think Shane has it priced very fairly considering pricing nowadays on quality SS razors.

Yea, I hear that. The Paradigm design is nothing spectacular either if you ask me. Blackland is reasonable I suppose, entry level high end artisan.

The Paradigm is the most foolproof razor i've tried ever. It just shaves. No skill required. The head and the handle set the angle for you and the blade feel is minimal. It's just a masterpiece.

The Vector was a challenge initially. I think that's why I stuck with it for so long. Now that I have the hang of it though it is just fun to use. Kind of like driving an MG B around your face.

The Paradigm is the most foolproof razor i've tried ever. It just shaves. No skill required. The head and the handle st the angle for you and the blade feel is minimal. It's just a masterpiece.

The Vector was a challenge initially. I think that's why I stuck with it for so long. Now that I have the hang of it though it is just fun to use. Kind of like driving an MG B around your face.
So would you say they are pretty close in smoothness and efficiency?

So would you say they are pretty close in smoothness and efficiency?
No. The Paradigm is smoother. Their efficiencies are close, I guess. The Paradigm is just luxurious while the Vector is fun.

The way I feel right now, I think the Vector might end up getting more use. That could change, of course, but I certainly have no regrets with either.

Top Bottom