What's new

Blackland Vector: Machined Vs. Polished? Which one to get

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Look rough at that price point from those unfinished teeth, but it's a niche item and most likely appeals to the few on this forum.

Must be my less than adequate cell phone pics. The teeth are not rough at all - visually or on my face. :)

My preference is for machined finishes because I don't care to try and keep up with a polished finish. :)

YMMV :cool:

Must be my less than adequate cell phone pics. The teeth are not rough at all - visually or on my face. :)

My preference is for machined finishes because I don't care to try and keep up with a polished finish. :)

YMMV :cool:
@never-stop-learning, just wanted to let you know my Vector is on its way. I think I'll have it by the end of next week.

Decided to go with both plates, after seeing how much you liked the OC version.

After over a year on buying sabbatical, I ordered the o/c baseplate for my Vector as well as the inkwell stand tonight. I have the machined version (I vaguely recall it was an impulse buy at Pasteur's which did not stock the polished version), but man, that polished version looks nice!

@RoddyPiper, aren't we all niche? I mean this forum is a niche place by default. "Normal" people don't discuss shaving habits with strangers. For them it's just a daily chore...
I’m newer to traditional wet shaving, (6 months in) I am 52 and have been shaving since I was in 7th grade. Dago hairball that I am. Anyway for the first time ever I look forward to shaving and really enjoy not only the shave, but the hobby. It is most definitely a niche hobby, but interestingly it’s something most men do at least weekly. In 6 months I have turned 4 people on to it. My wife, my son and a few friends. While they think my passion for it is a little nuts, they all have seen drastic improvments in the process. This hobby has some potential for more of a Main Street vibe than we think.

I’m newer to traditional wet shaving, (6 months in) I am 52 and have been shaving since I was in 7th grade. Dago hairball that I am. Anyway for the first time ever I look forward to shaving and really enjoy not only the shave, but the hobby. It is most definitely a niche hobby, but interestingly it’s something most men do at least weekly. In 6 months I have turned 4 people on to it. My wife, my son and a few friends. While they think my passion for it is a little nuts, they all have seen drastic improvments in the process. This hobby has some potential for more of a Main Street vibe than we think.
Glad to hear my friend and welcome aboard! 👍😀

Thanks to this post and others on B&B, just got my machined vector today. Now my only question is do I pop in a feather pro blade today or wait patiently to use a Kai pink mild that I've ordered? Also, start with OC or SB? (probably sb)

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I own a machined with sb and oc. A nephew loves, owns and now shaves exclusively with the Vector (machined).
As for blades, Kai Captain Titan mild for me but if you need more aggressive, go for it.

Reactions: dfs
Thanks to this post and others on B&B, just got my machined vector today. Now my only question is do I pop in a feather pro blade today or wait patiently to use a Kai pink mild that I've ordered? Also, start with OC or SB? (probably sb)
Just pop the Feather Pro and shave with it. Go easy, feel the razor and you'll be fine. Feather are excellent blades, no reason to be afraid. As for SB Vs. OC, there really is not much difference between the two, OC being just a tad bit more efficient.

Just pop the Feather Pro and shave with it. Go easy, feel the razor and you'll be fine. Feather are excellent blades, no reason to be afraid. As for SB Vs. OC, there really is not much difference between the two, OC being just a tad bit more efficient.

No reason to be afraid except.......I often make a bloody mess of it with my ss shavette :eek2:

No reason to be afraid except.......I often make a bloody mess of it with my ss shavette :eek2:
It's your technique, not the blade that makes the bloody mess 😂😂😂

Just take it gently, a few short strokes on your cheek, just to get a feel for it, then proceed as usual. You'll be fine. Vector is not as aggressive as AC SS (I've got both BTW).

Reactions: dfs
Top Bottom