What's new

Blackland Thursday!

I saw this thread after I shaved this morning, but as it turns out I used my Blackland Dart anyway!

1656614733326.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Everyone is different but for me nothing comes close to a Blackbird except another Blackbird. I also have a Blackland Tradere SB which is a beautiful razor to look at and a fine shaver but it would be sold if I could find the initiative to list it.

I have not fallen into the AC and Gem rabbit holes so I think I’m probably done.

What makes Blackland special is the access to Shane for honest answers, the customer service and the generous return policy making a test drive a low risk proposition. For everyone else’s sake, I wish the general supply chain issues could be solved and any razor from any manufacturer readily available without a waiting list or having to wait on a drop.
I'm pretty sure, if I would have started with a DE instead of a SE AC razor, I'd own a Black Bird by now.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Blackland Blackbird SB, SS polished
BlacklandThursday.jpg

I think most people have the SB version of the Blackbird. This is the long handle for the Blackbird, all polished.

The OC shaves at quite a different angle than I am used to, I have to go shallow with it. Some said they shave steep with the Blackbird, but used the SB and not the OC.

I will do some more Blackbird shaves over the next weeks and switch been shallow and steep angle shaving. I will also do the same with the OC plate.

For once I will test some more before jumping to conclusions. Let's see... 😁

Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2, 2 Band Silvertip
Blade: Feather (1), incredible shave so smooth & so sharp very minimal buffing required
Soap: Ethos Mandarino Fumo F Base
Razor: Ti Blackbird
Post Shave: Ethos Mandarino Fumo Skin Food Splash

This was one of the best shaves, during & post, I have ever had.

85323178-404C-40DA-AC2E-52A746D7118F.jpeg

@JAHE I remember you taking about starting this thread, and here we are. I want to say thank you for this new place where everyone that's a fan of Blackland razors can come together and join in the love and fun they bring to us.

Unfortunately for me I shave every other day so I won't be able to participate until next week but it goes without saying that I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers to you and to all the gentleman here. Blackland does make some truly great tools. Happy shaves gents!

Since I am unable to restrain myself when browsing threads like these I, my wallet and my wife are very happy to report that blackland blackbird and tradere are sold out all over Europe.

I see what you're trying to do here JAHE, but your cunning plan will not succeed!

They won’t be for the foreseeable future as we’ve paused our wholesale operation. If shipping cost is an issue, shoot me a dm and maybe we can help bridge the gap.

My Blackland Thursday occurs 3-4 times a week as I'm an every other day shaver and the Ti Blackbird is my only razor so I will celebrate it every shave.... I usually load up a Feather but occasionally I'll change it up with a Silver Star or Shark Super Chrome and the end result is always BBS in 2.5 passes that lasts 16+ hrs on average!! I love my Ti Blackbird!!
SOTD 5.20.22.jpg
Ti BB Shave.jpg

Cudo's to Shane @Blackland Razors for making an awesome razor...:a14:

Guess what...
It's Thursday!:a50:

First, let me state I'm amazed by the level of participation you guys showed last Thursday. I do hope to have you all in today as well!

20220707_075125-01-01.jpeg

This morning I had another great shave with the Ti'Bird / Feather combo. The Bird mowed down two days worth of growth like nobody's business. Three passes made my skin velvety smooth again.

For shaving my chin, a troublespot area in my face, I unscrewed the handle a bit (approx. a quarter turn) to increase the blade gap. Never tried this before. It worked out pretty well, the blade was kept in place securely (enough), though a bit of blade chatter showed up.
BBS, no nicks.

Eyour your Blackland Thursday, y'all!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I wonder what percentage of the members here own a Blackland product. I sure see a lot of Blackbirds, Vectors and lately, a lot of Tradere-s, here on B&B.

Other than the Henson crowd, Blackland has to be among the most popular. Of course, I don't want to discount the vintage stuff either... lots of Gillette razors and other assorted vintage gear.

That would be an interesting poll.... but hard to manage, at least for me.

Yeah...I've been noticing that. The Blackbird is getting a lot of love. What's the gap on that razor? Hmmmm...

Top Bottom