What's new

Blackland Sabre vs Oneblade Genesis 2

Thanks for the reply! I don't have an interest in buying one, was just curious. For a razor to even be considered in a comparison against the MMOC, it would have to be an open comb. The Streamline comes close but falls short. It's easier to load with the flip top and out weighs the MMIC by 20 grams but is slightly less efficient in the hands of the initiated.

Thanks again for the reply!

MMOC must be a fairly well kept secret which I don't get because it shaves as well as and in many case better than any razor I've used at any price old or new. I see a lot of them on ebay. Now the Streamline is a whole other story. I saw your post on the streamline and it sparked my interest but man are they hard to find. I also prefer OC razors whether SE or DE

My razor doesn't stop moving until I hit BBS. On my ATG pass, I will go over every area of my face and head until I don't hear any feedback whatsoever from the razor. Different areas require a different amount of strokes. Then I rub my face in search for any stubble that might have got away.

At this point, all stubble is cut at or beneath skin level. Will a cotton ball reveal any stubble? Don't know, don't care.

Having said all that, if I pick up the MMOC, right after a BBS shave from my G bar as explained above and do another ATG search and destroy pass, it will get feedback cut the stubble even deeper beneath my skin.

A BBS shave will last about 4+ hours before I start to feel stubble with most razors. A BBS shave from a MMOC will last forever!

This is my standard BBS shaves.

My razor doesn't stop moving until I hit BBS. On my ATG pass, I will go over every area of my face and head until I don't hear any feedback whatsoever from the razor. Different areas require a different amount of strokes. Then I rub my face in search for any stubble that might have got away.

At this point, all stubble is cut at or beneath skin level. Will a cotton ball reveal any stubble? Don't know, don't care.

Having said all that, if I pick up the MMOC, right after a BBS shave from my G bar as explained above and do another ATG search and destroy pass, it will get feedback cut the stubble even deeper beneath my skin.

A BBS shave will last about 4+ hours before I start to feel stubble with most razors. A BBS shave from a MMOC will last forever!

This is my standard BBS shaves.

Exactly. Kind of both on the same page here only using a different way of describing the end results. Hand feel on a BBS where all the hair is beneath the skin level and your getting no stubble feedback with your hands as like described with the G Bar you used first, but then when you go over it with the MMOC you pick a little more hair which makes it an even closer longer lasting BBS. I think your description is one more members on here relate to so I'm not using my level 1 to 3 cotton test any longer when doing a review or comparison out of respect to all the members on here and the traditional terminology that has been used forever.
:thumbup1:

Nice review m8, will do the first shave with my sabre today im looking forward ;) I am waiting to get my OB Genesis v2 within i few weeks but i have already the OB core v1 and yesterday i used the Asylum RX for the first time also it was brilliant :)

Top Bottom