What's new

Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird

Would like to share a few thoughts on my recent acquisition with everyone and thank Shane @Blackland Razors for making the Blackbird in Titanium so I could finally buy a Blackbird and am very satisfied with my purchase and also want to thank Dan @Hannah's Dad for being kind enough to sell me his a few months back and couldn't be happier... Outstanding quality and craftsmanship!!:ouch1:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Would like to share a few thoughts on my recent acquisition with everyone and thank Shane @Blackland Razors for making the Blackbird in Titanium so I could finally buy a Blackbird and am very satisfied with my purchase and also want to thank Dan @Hannah's Dad for being kind enough to sell me his a few months back and couldn't be happier... Outstanding quality and craftsmanship!!:ouch1:

The Blackbird Ti has become my favorite DE razor. :thumbup:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Man, as much as I love the Bird (and my love for it is well-documented), the Ti was just too light for me. I needed to try it, but the heavier metals are more to my liking. At least I know I won’t go chasing all the fashionable Ti offerings which are invariably coming.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Man, as much as I love the Bird (and my love for it is well-documented), the Ti was just too light for me. I needed to try it, but the heavier metals are more to my liking. At least I know I won’t go chasing all the fashionable Ti offerings which are invariably coming.
Yes, it is light but, for me, the Ti Blackbird feels wonderfully nimble and maneuverable. I'm able to more easily navigate all the nooks and crannies around my face. :)

Hey Shane @Blackland Razors , I know its been awhile since I've seen this question asked, and can't remember then answer, but do you still have any intentions on releasing a 101mm handle for the Titanium Blackbird?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20211028_142856~2.jpg

A superb shave in all respects. :thumbup:

Hello David,

My Blackbird Ti is such a great razor that I even cancelled my Wolfman order. I am very grateful that after so many back and forth exchanges you suggested that it would be the best razor for my needs and preferences. I can't say enough good things about my Ti Bird!

Now that the Blackland has a very attractive Black Friday sale, I'm debating whether I should get the SS open combe Blackbird base-plate and try it on my Ti Blackbird. My hope is to boost up the efficiency. Not saying that the Ti bird is not efficient, it truly is. I'd like to hear what you think about this combo: the Ti bird with the SS open combe base plate.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello David,

My Blackbird Ti is such a great razor that I even cancelled my Wolfman order. I am very grateful that after so many back and forth exchanges you suggested that it would be the best razor for my needs and preferences. I can't say enough good things about my Ti Bird!

Now that the Blackland has a very attractive Black Friday sale, I'm debating whether I should get the SS open combe Blackbird base-plate and try it on my Ti Blackbird. My hope is to boost up the efficiency. Not saying that the Ti bird is not efficient, it truly is. I'd like to hear what you think about this combo: the Ti bird with the SS open combe base plate.
I tried the OC Stainless plate with the Ti cap and handle.

More efficient? Absolutely.

Less smooth? Yup. More than I thought.

Personally, I like the complete Ti Blackbird the best and it remains my #1 DE Big Dog. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Interesting thread. The BB Ti has stuck for some and others have moved on. I really like my Brass'Bird, but I think the weight has a lot to do with it. The distinction between efficiency and smoothness has been helpful. I'm tempted by promises of efficiency more than smoothness. I bought a very nice Ti razor this year and used it every day for a month before deciding to return it. It was changing my technique to using more pressure which I didn't like and I returned it on the generous satisfaction guarantee of the seller. I think it will take me a long time to be tempted again by such a light razor. I genuinely don't understand the advantage of Ti over other light material such as Al which can be had for much cheaper. I have an Al Lupo, which is a great razor, but I'm really liking my SS, copper and brass razors! I'll admire the BB Ti from afar. Still waiting to see if the Era ever comes to market.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Interesting thread. The BB Ti has stuck for some and others have moved on. I really like my Brass'Bird, but I think the weight has a lot to do with it. The distinction between efficiency and smoothness has been helpful. I'm tempted by promises of efficiency more than smoothness. I bought a very nice Ti razor this year and used it every day for a month before deciding to return it. It was changing my technique to using more pressure which I didn't like and I returned it on the generous satisfaction guarantee of the seller. I think it will take me a long time to be tempted again by such a light razor. I genuinely don't understand the advantage of Ti over other light material such as Al which can be had for much cheaper. I have an Al Lupo, which is a great razor, but I'm really liking my SS, copper and brass razors! I'll admire the BB Ti from afar. Still waiting to see if the Era ever comes to market.
All of the Blackbirds are outstanding shaving instruments, but I find the Ti Blackbird is more nimble and maneuverable (and those traits seem to be driving my biases these days).

Still love and use the Brass and the Stainless, though. :)

Hello David,

If you haven‘t tried a Wolfman WR2, I think you owe it to yourself to try one before declaring any other razor the best for your needs and preferences. My opinion….

If you haven‘t tried a Wolfman WR2, I think you owe it to yourself to try one before declaring any other razor the best for your needs and preferences. My opinion….
When I got notified by Wolfman to finalize my order, I came across several comments on the other forum that the quality and workmanship of Wolfman razors have diminished somehow due to increased productions and faster turnout. In all fairness, I don't remember seeing any complaints about the quality of shaves from new Wolfman razors, it was just about the machine marks on the new razors.

This was around the time I received my Ti Blackbird after several months of waiting. The first shave was almost a bloodshed to the point where my wife couldn't help but ask why my face was so red and inflamed. I reached out to David and @Hannah's Dad who are (both of whom are highly regarded and helpful here). David offered some advice on how to handle the Blackbird while shaving.

I didn't give up on the razor and what I really enjoy about it is that after almost 6 months of use, each shave becomes smoother and comfortable than the last.

I also read some reviews involving the face-off between Wolfman and the Ti Bird. It was hard to determine which one was the clear winner. Some said that latter worked much better for them and vice versa.

By no means do I suggest that the Ti Bird is better than Wolfman since I have no experience with the latter whatsoever.

But at the end of the day, the Ti Bird "mows down" the unruliest, thickest whiskers on 4 - 5 days worth of growth so smoothly and painlessly I wonder if I would need any other razor(s).

I know that at some point I will try a Wolfman. If it outperforms the Ti Bird for me, it would be a glorious shave, one that is hard for me to imagine.

When I got notified by Wolfman to finalize my order, I came across several comments on the other forum that the quality and workmanship of Wolfman razors have diminished somehow due to increased productions and faster turnout. In all fairness, I don't remember seeing any complaints about the quality of shaves from new Wolfman razors, it was just about the machine marks on the new razors.

This was around the time I received my Ti Blackbird after several months of waiting. The first shave was almost a bloodshed to the point where my wife couldn't help but ask why my face was so red and inflamed. I reached out to David and @Hannah's Dad who are (both of whom are highly regarded and helpful here). David offered some advice on how to handle the Blackbird while shaving.

I didn't give up on the razor and what I really enjoy about it is that after almost 6 months of use, each shave becomes smoother and comfortable than the last.

I also read some reviews involving the face-off between Wolfman and the Ti Bird. It was hard to determine which one was the clear winner. Some said that latter worked much better for them and vice versa.

By no means do I suggest that the Ti Bird is better than Wolfman since I have no experience with the latter whatsoever.

But at the end of the day, the Ti Bird "mows down" the unruliest, thickest whiskers on 4 - 5 days worth of growth so smoothly and painlessly I wonder if I would need any other razor(s).

I know that at some point I will try a Wolfman. If it outperforms the Ti Bird for me, it would be a glorious shave, one that is hard for me to imagine.
Do you have any updates to report about your experience with the TI Blackbird? How has it been shaving ? Do you regret your decision to buying a TI? Pros or cons of the razor compared to other top razors ?

Top Bottom