What's new

Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird

Just to be clear, the Era release is not related to the titanium delay. I’m hoping and expecting that titanium is available before the Era is.

Thank you for the update Shane, obviously delays are expected in production and delivery due to Covid. I'm sure patience will pay off!!

COVID delays aren't an issue anymore. It's really just because we had to juggle a lot of production and shift priorities to restock the stainless line since that was depleted, too. Titanium is only out of stock because of a manufacturing issue and we had planned our production schedule with the expectation that titanium would be complete and on the shelf long ago. So running into that issue and restarting titanium production throws off timelines. We've also instituted new QC protocols during production as well as a new production strategy to better handle demand for all our razors which also slowed things a bit.

I don't have the titanium version, but lemme tell you I got the brass polished version of it recently and just shaved with it...AMAZING performance. I used a Dart not all that long ago, found the head a smidge bulkier than I'd like and cut myself with it, gave the Blackbird a try and was floored, it's arguably my least comfortable shaver (not too uncomfortable but definitely has some blade feel for me) but the trade off is it's probably my most efficient and not a SINGLE weeper to be had, even going against the grain on my upper lip which is where most other largely weeper free shaves draw some blood. VERY impressed with this shaver. :thumbsup:

I just checked my email and didn't see an announcement for the Ti Birds.
I have been chasing this razor for a few months now. Apparently, there is problem on the manufacturer's end that Shane has alluded to in this thread. I check my email more often on Thursdays when Blackland sends email notifications but of no avails so far. Hopefully the release date would not be too far off down the road.

I have been chasing this razor for a few months now. Apparently, there is problem on the manufacturer's end that Shane has alluded to in this thread. I check my email more often on Thursdays when Blackland sends email notifications but of no avails so far. Hopefully the release date would not be too far off down the road.

We did have some manufacturing roadblocks, we’re now very close. Most parts have been completed and we’re wrapping up. I’m planning for and expecting them be in hand in 2-3 weeks.

We did have some manufacturing roadblocks, we’re now very close. Most parts have been completed and we’re wrapping up. I’m planning for and expecting them be in hand in 2-3 weeks.

And they were available today for a few hours. I also was waiting for one and was hopeful when I saw this thread but by the time I got home and had time to decide titanium vs ss, add the titanium to my basket, and start to check out I got an error that said quantities were insufficient to complete my order of one.

With that, when will the next shot at the titaniums come, or is it time to get something in stock rather than something that I might actually have to wait years for?

And they were available today for a few hours. I also was waiting for one and was hopeful when I saw this thread but by the time I got home and had time to decide titanium vs ss, add the titanium to my basket, and start to check out I got an error that said quantities were insufficient to complete my order of one.

With that, when will the next shot at the titaniums come, or is it time to get something in stock rather than something that I might actually have to wait years for?

I think “years” is overstating things. The good news is that we should have another batch of these pretty soon with a far shorter wait than last time since it’s from the same production cycle. But I also think that batch will sell out. We have more production scheduled and will keep making them until they can be stocked permanently.

I think “years” is overstating things. The good news is that we should have another batch of these pretty soon with a far shorter wait than last time since it’s from the same production cycle. But I also think that batch will sell out. We have more production scheduled and will keep making them until they can be stocked permanently.

Years is certainly hyperbolic, but it’s mostly predicated upon the comments in this thread about the possibility of this batch selling out in seconds.

Also, the reality is that my missing out on this batch is entirely on me given that I had something come up that prevented me from being online until later in the day. The chances of that happening again are actually pretty good, which is why depending on supply, I could be out of luck for a long time.

All of that brings me back to my question: worth waiting, or should I just invest in a similar quality piece that I can get sooner?

Years is certainly hyperbolic, but it’s mostly predicated upon the comments in this thread about the possibility of this batch selling out in seconds.

Also, the reality is that my missing out on this batch is entirely on me given that I had something come up that prevented me from being online until later in the day. The chances of that happening again are actually pretty good, which is why depending on supply, I could be out of luck for a long time.

All of that brings me back to my question: worth waiting, or should I just invest in a similar quality piece that I can get sooner?

I feel your pain. I too had something going on Saturday and missed out. I do have the SS version and it's a fantastic razor. I want to give the Ti version a try as I'm on a Ti kick at the moment. My opinion is the Blackbird in any format is worth waiting for if you like positive blade exposure and super efficiency in your razors.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My opinion is the Blackbird in any format is worth waiting for if you like positive blade exposure and super efficiency in your razors.

Huge +1 to this. :thumbup:

Favorite AC blade razor: @Blackland Razors Vector (OC & SB)

Favorite GEM blade razor: Blackland Razors Sabre L2

The Blackland Razors Blackbirds (Ti, Brass and Stainless) are right at the top of my list of favored DE razors - advantage to the Ti.

Great razors! :cool:

I feel your pain. I too had something going on Saturday and missed out. I do have the SS version and it's a fantastic razor. I want to give the Ti version a try as I'm on a Ti kick at the moment. My opinion is the Blackbird in any format is worth waiting for if you like positive blade exposure and super efficiency in your razors.
I ended up selling the SS version and ordered the Ti Saturday!

LOL...you already sold the SS Blackbird? Let me know how the Ti version compares when you get it.
Yeah, I will be curious to hear your thoughts also. I strongly considered the stainless version because I like open combs. I don’t really need one because I shave close to daily at this point, but I still like them.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird :001_wub:
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey Lemondrop (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band)
Lather: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
20210518_094424~2.jpg

The Ti Blackbird is an awesome DE razor. Nimble and agile - efficient and effective. Definitely one of my favorite DEs. :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

David, I ordered mine on Saturday, probably one of the earliest confirmed orders immediately after release! I heard nothing but highly positive reviews and feedback about this one. Needless to say, I'm very excited about trying it out once on my hand.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, I ordered mine on Saturday, probably one of the earliest confirmed orders immediately after release! I heard nothing but highly positive reviews and feedback about this one. Needless to say, I'm very excited about trying it out once on my hand.

Congratulations! :)

The Ti Blackbird certainly checks a whole bunch of requirements for me. :thumbup:

LOL...you already sold the SS Blackbird? Let me know how the Ti version compares when you get it.
Yup I got a great shave with the SS Blackbird on my second use and I've heard the Ti sort of tames the beast a bit so that really appealed to me. Found some guy on the reddit forum and he bought it lol. I wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't heard the Ti was releasing this past Saturday. My Ti should arrive on Thursday so I'll post comments sometime after that depending on when I end up shaving with it.

Top Bottom