What's new

Blackland Razor - it has caused a problem

I have had a Blackbird for over a month now. In the past I have had a steady rotation of DE razors, some vintage and some modern. All performed just fine for me. Part of this whole thing is variety, right?

No more. My Blackbird has single handedly vanquished them all. Sadly, no more variety for The Captain. :sad:

Here is where you come in. Will I wake up in a cold sweat and realize it was all a bad dream? Do I need to find a guy who has a leather couch to recline in and tell him my troubles? Shall I imitate @Toothpick, grow a beard and act like the Blackbird does not exist?

Send help!

Last edited:
You wouldn't be having an existential crisis if Shane would get the Era released! Then you can experiment with plates and have a reference, in house too, to compare with. That should keep you busy for a year, then you can think about what to do later. :a2:

I came to this conclusion a few years ago. I use one razor, for 90%+ of my shaves. I haven't bought or had the desire to buy a razor since. That was 2015.

My razor collection is mostly vintage with a few modern RazoRock stainless and aluminum razors in the mix.

I stick with one go-to razor and use it exclusively, until.....I get a couple bad shaves in a row. When that happens, I'll grab another trusty razor and use it for a couple weeks (or a bit longer). After a few weeks of using the backup razor, getting good shaves in the meantime, I'll go back to my go-to. The bad shaves are not the razors fault, but likely from getting sloppy and not paying attention to technique.

Don't sell them. Use them when you have a bad shave day or sentimental razors on specials days etc.

It's a good feeling to be able to pick up and use the same razor, day in and day out, and know you'll get a good shave.

Don't sell them.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have had a Blackbird for over a month now. In the past I have had a steady rotation of DE razors, some vintage and some modern day. All performed just fine for me. Part of this whole thing is variety, right? No more. My Blackbird has single handedly vanquished them all. No more variety for The Captain. :sad:

Here is where you come in. Will I wake up in a cold sweat and realize it was all a bad dream? Do I need to find a guy who has a leather couch to recline in and tell him my troubles? Shall I grow a beard and act like the Blackbird does not exist? Please help!
I feel your pain. ;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I came to this conclusion a few years ago. I use one razor, for 90%+ of my shaves. I haven't bought or had the desire to buy a razor since. That was 2015.

My razor collection is mostly vintage with a few modern RazoRock stainless and aluminum razors in the mix.

I stick with one go-to razor and use it exclusively, until.....I get a couple bad shaves in a row. When that happens, I'll grab another trusty razor and use it for a couple weeks (or a bit longer). After a few weeks of using the backup razor, getting good shaves in the meantime, I'll go back to my go-to. The bad shaves are not the razors fault, but likely from getting sloppy and not paying attention to technique.

Don't sell them. Use them when you have a bad shave day or sentimental razors on specials days etc.

It's a good feeling to be able to pick up and use the same razor, day in and day out, and know you'll get a good shave.

Don't sell them.
EXCELLENT advice my friend. I seem to do this, unconsciously.

Of course, as 99% of my posts prove, I live my life unconsciously!

Sorry you feel this way, I do.
But that's easy for me to say.
I am the proud owner of more than one razor that delivers my every shave goal: BBS plus, especially for my head shaves. Can't shave closer than they do, unless you have a desire for scalping.
I might loan you one of those at a time, to ease your troubles.

On the other hand, I would like to congratulate you on this wonderful feeling.
This is what this joyous passion is all about, isn't it 🙏🏾

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have had a Blackbird for over a month now. In the past I have had a steady rotation of DE razors, some vintage and some modern. All performed just fine for me. Part of this whole thing is variety, right?

No more. My Blackbird has single handedly vanquished them all. Sadly, no more variety for The Captain. :sad:

Here is where you come in. Will I wake up in a cold sweat and realize it was all a bad dream? Do I need to find a guy who has a leather couch to recline in and tell him my troubles? Shall I imitate @Toothpick, grow a beard and act like the Blackbird does not exist?

Send help!
Oh no! I've already told @Toothpick that he needs to shave everyday so he always looks keen! Us folks with incredibly handsome faces are few, and should not deny the werld at large of our incredible bone structure.

Send help!

Well I'm glad that you at least like the 'bird! Just used mine myself today with an OC plate, beats the past few shaves I've had out of the water

The solution is simple. Now you start the search for another razor that tops the Blackbird.... : )

When I bought my Bird a few years ago I used it exclusively for about a year before my RAD kicked back in. It's a great razor and was my first "big boy" razor purchase. I still use it regularly and have only found a couple of razors that shave closer. The Blackbird is also one of the best looking razors in my opinion.....well designed and unique. Have fun with your bird.....it's hard to find better.

+1
I had my everyday razor (Blackland Tradere SB) and didn’t need another but the Blackbird always intrigued me. The satisfaction warranty got me to try a razor I expected to be too aggressive with too much blade feel. My thoughts were that I could scratch the itch and then send it back if it was as I feared and keep it if it was to my liking.

I have used the Blackbird SB every day for the past 26 days and could not be happier. The blade feel is not excessive and for me the smoothness is only exceeded by the efficiency.

I don’t want to part with my vintage razors but they will likely only be used to commemorate birthdays of people that are special to me. The Blackland Tradere SB will hopefully find some use as well, and my titanium Timeless has been relegated to a travel razor for more than a year.

To quote Roberto Duran, No Mas!

Top Bottom