What's new

Blackland just announced the Ti Blackbird and the OC Vector...

I thought I was done ordering razors for a while too. But I have to have the Ti Blackbird. Have been using the stainless for most of September and realizing what a great razor it is.

I didn't get the email. I used to get his stuff, and re-signed up last night. What did he say? Is there a way to get on a pre-order list yet?

It's more of a heads up, no pre-order. Curious about the price point for a Blackland Ti razor, any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 17.56.14.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 17.57.58.png

I am thinking price for the Ti Blackbird at least $400 . The H&S Ti is $500 which to me is overpriced but guys are buying them.

I am thinking price for the Ti Blackbird at least $400 . The H&S Ti is $500 which to me is overpriced but guys are buying them.

Imho $400 would be far too high. The steel blackbird is only $185 so it seems to me to be excessive if the titanium version were to be priced at more hthan twice the stainless steel one. Doesnt carbon and timeless charge substantially less for their titanium razors? H & s PO76 titanium is different because they are supposed to be that pricey because they are basically hand polished by the owner himself one at a time and he finishes them to wolfman standards. Therefore they were taking so much of his time he had to raise his prices.

Imho its important that prices dont go on continuous inflationary spikes so that these artisanal razors can continue to be able to be purchased by relatively ordinary working people. Knowing his sterling (or should that be titanium? :)) track record though, I am quite confident that Shane will price his razor at a reasonable and competitive price.

Last edited:
Let's wait until Shane actually puts a price on the razor. Maybe the brushed one will be less.

Carbon is $349 and a polished Timeless is around $275 depending on options.
Wolfman brushed Ti was 650CAD but not available.

If Timeless can produce an excellent Ti razor for $225, I think the $400 + sellers are just gouging. From what I understand of Shane's business model he'll charge a reasonable price and the razor won't sell out in the first 30 minutes.

I've never had a Blackland product nor a titanium razor. I've been waiting for this one. Timeless and bullgoose are the only places I've seen that stock Ti razors. I hope these will be stocked.

I prefer a machined Look. It's also more durable and saves some coin, although Blackland's polished options are very reasonable.

If Timeless can produce an excellent Ti razor for $225, I think the $400 + sellers are just gouging. From what I understand of Shane's business model he'll charge a reasonable price and the razor won't sell out in the first 30 minutes.

Absolutely agree with you. I find the price appreciation by some artisans not a welcome development.and is eventually moving the artisanal products out of range of many wet shavers - just imagine if everybody followed suit and boutique razors all end up costing 100 per cent more across the board...

Even with their best polished finish option, the timeless titanium razor is only $275 and a timeless is a class razor.

My first and only ttanium razor so far is my seygus zeppelin v2 that I just got from JRD in Spaim and it only cost about $238 and it has a polished finish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom