What's new

Blackland Era

How about considering this:

The new Blackland Era innovative DE safety razor with a focus on Safety and Hyper-Efficiency!

Introducing the patented Shaver Method Augmented Razor Technology (S.M.A.R.T) design, featuring the first exclusive Electronic Controlled Shaving System Module (E.C.S.S.M).

Convenience: Easy side-load by inserting tabbed-end first with built-in (5) blade storage dispenser and simple eject.

Safety Cap: Auto-sensing swing-action design. Since only one side of blade is active during each pass the inactive side swings to cover the exposed side while permitting adequate geometry on active side to augment our hyper-efficiency system. In addition, the Safety Cap will automatically retract over the active side if the user applies too much pressure or inadvertently produces extreme sideways motion (think "Gillette-Slide").

Shaving Comfort: The handle houses the "AAA-power" cell for the E.C.S.S.M. Also, the 85mm length is micro-extendable to 101mm. For user preference the blade exposure is adjustable from negative, neutral, to positive and positive-plus via a turn of the handle top. The Simple Blade Eject button is also located out of easy reach at the handle top.

The E.C.S.S.M is the "brains" of this razor which is programmed to adjust the blade in achieving the most Hyper-Efficient shave possible--ever!

This is the new ERA in shaving with the new Blackland Era Razor; see Shane@BlacklandRazors today for further details and order inquiries!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Getting production under control and keeping it there is the top priority. We want to make sure there is ample supply to meet demand, but also that we don’t get crushed by demand that we can’t handle.
I wish you all the best on the release of your upcoming razor. I look forward to seeing the new entry into wonderful world of wet shaving.

How about considering this:

The new Blackland Era innovative DE safety razor with a focus on Safety and Hyper-Efficiency!

Introducing the patented Shaver Method Augmented Razor Technology (S.M.A.R.T) design, featuring the first exclusive Electronic Controlled Shaving System Module (E.C.S.S.M).

Convenience: Easy side-load by inserting tabbed-end first with built-in (5) blade storage dispenser and simple eject.

Safety Cap: Auto-sensing swing-action design. Since only one side of blade is active during each pass the inactive side swings to cover the exposed side while permitting adequate geometry on active side to augment our hyper-efficiency system. In addition, the Safety Cap will automatically retract over the active side if the user applies too much pressure or inadvertently produces extreme sideways motion (think "Gillette-Slide").

Shaving Comfort: The handle houses the "AAA-power" cell for the E.C.S.S.M. Also, the 85mm length is micro-extendable to 101mm. For user preference the blade exposure is adjustable from negative, neutral, to positive and positive-plus via a turn of the handle top. The Simple Blade Eject button is also located out of easy reach at the handle top.

The E.C.S.S.M is the "brains" of this razor which is programmed to adjust the blade in achieving the most Hyper-Efficient shave possible--ever!

This is the new ERA in shaving with the new Blackland Era Razor; see Shane@BlacklandRazors today for further details and order inquiries!
That sounds a lot more like a Gillette than a Blackland Razor.
The Blackland would focus more on efficiency (without E.C.S.S.M.), design, aesthetic, and the overall experience.

I'm not sure what your plans are, but if you've created a highly rigid design at the GC price point (I'm talking Karve/Timeless level clamping) your only problem will be meeting demand. It's obviously to soon to have this discussion, but I'm hoping extra plates, handles, and finishes will be offered in the future for those that are interested, as it will be at that price point where people would be more than willing to purchase add-ons.

I'm not sure what your plans are, but if you've created a highly rigid design at the GC price point (I'm talking Karve/Timeless level clamping) your only problem will be meeting demand. It's obviously to soon to have this discussion, but I'm hoping extra plates, handles, and finishes will be offered in the future for those that are interested, as it will be at that price point where people would be more than willing to purchase add-ons.

You may not be sure, but you're damn close.

You may not be sure, but you're damn close.
lol. Any hints as to when? Got me so excited!
2167AAC3-C6EE-40A3-9684-F88AF2F2C613.jpeg

Hi Shane, I heard on another forum that the ” innovative” part of this new razor is that I no longer have to have my wife shave my ***, this razor will allow me to do it myself. Is that true?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Shane @Blackland Razors : I love old, butt ugly 100 year old razors, because I'm cheap (frugal?) and afraid of my lovely bride.

But there are two vendors on B&B that would pry money from my hands: you (for sending that razor overseas to the young man about a year or so ago) and Scott @Captain Pre-Capsize . You both really APPEAR to put your values ahead of profit. This is counterintuitive in the culture we seem to be living in.

But you both seem to get the fact that you don't see a U-haul following a hearse.

I will pray that this razor sends (good) shockwaves across the traditional wet shaving business.

Sincerely, Dave

Any idea about how long the 'tease' period is going to be? IOW, what is the typical amount of time between the 'I'm going to come out with a new razor' and the actual availability of said razor?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Any idea about how long the 'tease' period is going to be? IOW, what is the typical amount of time between the 'I'm going to come out with a new razor' and the actual availability of said razor?
lol depends on the vendor!!!

With Shane I'd expect no more than a month or two. He has his "stuff" tied down tight!

Shane @Blackland Razors : I love old, butt ugly 100 year old razors, because I'm cheap (frugal?) and afraid of my lovely bride.

But there are two vendors on B&B that would pry money from my hands: you (for sending that razor overseas to the young man about a year or so ago) and Scott @Captain Pre-Capsize . You both really APPEAR to put your values ahead of profit. This is counterintuitive in the culture we seem to be living in.

But you both seem to get the fact that you don't see a U-haul following a hearse.

I will pray that this razor sends (good) shockwaves across the traditional wet shaving business.

Sincerely, Dave

Very kind of you, Dave! The reality is that I think values drive profit. I'm in this for the long haul and I believe treating customers and non-customers well, aside from being the right thing to do, is also the profitable thing to do given sufficient time. I may lose some money today, but if that loss helped gain support then that money will come back with friends later on. I also wouldn't want to work in a company lacking morals and kindness so I definitely won't create one that does.

I don't know about "typical", but we're a handful of weeks out from having them in inventory. There's also a lot more to do than just making the razors, which is particularly complicated for this razor already. Packaging, photography, videography, new website, new HQ, employees, new branding, etc. is all taking place behind the scenes. Juggling those timelines to have them all come together at roughly the same time is the tricky bit.

I am a big fan of Blackland - I own several...and I will absolutely buy the Era but I am very impatient and waiting for something is not my style, nor is fighting to buy something and placing it my cart to find its OOS. I will wait several months and then check back and if it’s in stock I’ll buy it if not, I’ll check back next year.

I am a big fan of Blackland - I own several...and I will absolutely buy the Era but I am very impatient and waiting for something is not my style, nor is fighting to buy something and placing it my cart to find its OOS. I will wait several months and then check back and if it’s in stock I’ll buy it if not, I’ll check back next year.

Yep I'm with you there and I think that's the right strategy. I recommend waiting around three months after launch because by then production should be going full tilt and we should be meeting demand and maintaining inventory.

Top Bottom