What's new

Blackland Era thoughts

Forgive my photography skills, but I hope you can see from the photo perfect alignment. No fuss, just drop in the blade, tighten down and go. I wonder, was it a bad batch of top caps that some of you guys have? Or what?

24F0A68F-B055-421E-93FB-964C74EE17E4.jpeg

Wow. That’s pretty bad. Looks like a defective razor. I mean, even a budget basement razor shouldn’t be that sloppy. Like I’ve said previously, mine is perfect. So somewhere along the line the issue was corrected, I would think. Or just a bad batch?

I had my second shave with the Blackland Era SB2 razor. It went a little better than the first one in that I didn't quite get to DFS, but I only used 3 passes plus touchups. An improvement. Also a positive about using the very mild SB2 is that I am not getting any irritation. I don't chase BBS but I would like to get to DFS shaves with this setup. Endeavor to Persevere.

Eric

For all those who want to increase the aggression/configuration of their Era a little, I'll give you the trick that worked for me. I have the Era SB 2 and it felt very soft, so I added 2 shims and now it's perfect. The same applies to any configuration you have, you can add shims until you have the efficiency you need. Go from one shim to one and try it out. Just an idea that worked for me.

For all those who want to increase the aggression/configuration of their Era a little, I'll give you the trick that worked for me. I have the Era SB 2 and it felt very soft, so I added 2 shims and now it's perfect. The same applies to any configuration you have, you can add shims until you have the efficiency you need. Go from one shim to one and try it out. Just an idea that worked for me.

I have the Era Sb lvl 2 and I consider that with one shim it will reach level 3, with two shims it will reach level 4 and with three shims it will reach level 5 of the Era Sb. Take the test and you will be amazed by the results. For the shim just take an old razor blade and with scissors carefully trim the edge of each side of the razor blade and you will have a shim. Each fit approx. It measures 0.10 mm and that causes its Era gap to increase.

I have the Era Sb lvl 2 and I consider that with one shim it will reach level 3, with two shims it will reach level 4 and with three shims it will reach level 5 of the Era Sb. Take the test and you will be amazed by the results. For the shim just take an old razor blade and with scissors carefully trim the edge of each side of the razor blade and you will have a shim. Each fit approx. It measures 0.10 mm and that causes its Era gap to increase.
Good advice. I haven’t tried with the Era, but I’ve successfully used a shim with other razors. I would add that using a Kai can produce similar results. I have the 2 sb, 2 oc, 3 oc and 4 sb plates. I estimate the Kai blade will bump it about 1/2 level ie. the 2 sb will behave similarly to the 2 oc.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom