What's new

Blackland Dart - First Shave

I'm always impressed by people who can analyse and adjust shaving angles. For me each razor has a natural angle, and on the rare occasions I have attempted to analyse and adjust the angle, the consequences were unpleasant or downright dangerous.

For me the Dart was intuitive from the first shave and continues after a week or two of daily shaves to be the most satisfying DE razor I have used.

I'm always impressed by people who can analyse and adjust shaving angles. For me each razor has a natural angle, and on the rare occasions I have attempted to analyse and adjust the angle, the consequences were unpleasant or downright dangerous.

For me the Dart was intuitive from the first shave and continues after a week or two of daily shaves to be the most satisfying DE razor I have used.
Yeah, I usually go for a balanced, natural feel, with just about all my razors. But the Dart had to be an exception for me because it's too aggressive otherwise.

(Sent from mobile)

The Dart is truly a beauty and beast combined in both looks and performance.

For all my razors I tend to find the intuitive angle starting from shallow to steep. After a week of use I find it to be more efficient when using a much steeper angle, riding the guard and going shallow as required to increase aggression..

Its a value for money under rated razor according to me and deserves more love !

I used the Dart for a while. A very nice razor, and you can polish the metal to a pretty nice shine if you have some White Diamond or similar around - might not be as bright as the OEM polish, but gets pretty good. The Dart really straddles the line for me on aggressiveness. It gets my face remarkably smooth but also leads to weepers in the area between my chin and lower lip seemingly no matter what I do. I've gone back to my RR Game Changer for a couple of weeks. It's funny that when I first started with the GC I thought it was on the upper limits of aggressiveness, but after a few months of the Dart the GC seems like a kid's starter razor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I used the Dart for a while. A very nice razor, and you can polish the metal to a pretty nice shine if you have some White Diamond or similar around - might not be as bright as the OEM polish, but gets pretty good. The Dart really straddles the line for me on aggressiveness. It gets my face remarkably smooth but also leads to weepers in the area between my chin and lower lip seemingly no matter what I do. I've gone back to my RR Game Changer for a couple of weeks. It's funny that when I first started with the GC I thought it was on the upper limits of aggressiveness, but after a few months of the Dart the GC seems like a kid's starter razor.

Have you tried using the GC84 for the area between your chin and lower lip and the Dart for the rest of your face and neck? :)

This was my setup & it took down 10 days
Growth in one pass with some minor touch up, the blade was new (1) Astor is
IMO a Super Sharp Blade.
20200829_151901.jpg

have owned the Dart for a few months, and have been *loving* it with a GSB…

Decided to try a Nacet today, with a new blade change.

The extra sharpness of the Nacet is certainly an adjustment. Got some weepers and irritation upon first use.

Will give the Nacet another 3 shaves, or so, and if same results, will revert back to the GSB…

The last polished Dart is in stock at Maggards as we speak.

AFAIK, it's the last Dart razor which will ever sell as new as it has been discontinued by Blackland due to poor sales.

I had a shave with my machined finish copy sometime back at Noon. It's a cloudy Summer Saturday where I am. Dropped in a Laser Ultra blade and used Razorock Chicago tallow base soap and 28mm Plissoft beehive brush.

Riding the guard at a steep angle with zero pressure for a 2 pass smooth BBS Shave. It took down 60% of the stubble in the first WTG pass. It's an extremely efficient razor.

This is one under rated razor which is dying a premature death since its release in July 2018 :(

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The last polished Dart is in stock at Maggards as we speak.

AFAIK, it's the last Dart razor which will ever sell as new as it has been discontinued by Blackland due to poor sales.

I had a shave with my machined finish copy sometime back at Noon. It's a cloudy Summer Saturday where I am. Dropped in a Laser Ultra blade and used Razorock Chicago tallow base soap and 28mm Plissoft beehive brush.

Riding the guard at a steep angle with zero pressure for a 2 pass smooth BBS Shave. It took down 60% of the stubble in the first WTG pass. It's an extremely efficient razor.

This is one under rated razor which is dying a premature death since its release in July 2018 :(

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Love the Dart and am extremely sad, but not surprised (given the introduction of the Era), that it has been discontinued. :(

If you like beautifully made, very efficient razors and see a Dart for sale, my advice is to buy it immediately. 😎

First Kudos to Maggards as I ordered my polished Dart Saturday morning and they had it to the Post Office Saturday afternoon. Had a wonderful 2 pass plus touch up BBS shave tonight and I am very glad I picked one of these up before they were all sold out. Very smooth shave if you ride the safety bar.

First Kudos to Maggards as I ordered my polished Dart Saturday morning and they had it to the Post Office Saturday afternoon. Had a wonderful 2 pass plus touch up BBS shave tonight and I am very glad I picked one of these up before they were all sold out. Very smooth shave if you ride the safety bar.
Which blade and soap/cream did you use? I'm getting mine tomorrow.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Definitely get my best shaves with the Dart when I go steep and ride the bar. :thumbup:

Top Bottom