What's new

Blackland Dart - First Shave

I've been using the Dart past 5 shaves with a Laser Ultra blade. Amazing shaves. Zero pressure and steep angle, a very smooth and efficient daily shave razor. Only thing miss on this razor is some kind of marking or etching with company or product name.

A solid cnc milled stainless steel razor will ironically become a no named razor in the wild !

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Blackland one.jpgI just received one of the last remaining brand new Darts.

Today's shave

Preshave: Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Blackland Dart 1st shave
Blade: GSB
Soap: Cella Red tub
Brush: Semogue 1305
Alum Block
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Fine Santal Absolut

8/10 First shave with my Blackland dart. This is my first all stainless steel razor. It is my heaviest razor. This is an efficient razor. I got a DFS and one weeper. This is a razor you must pay attention too. Use a steep angle and don’t get distracted.

Happened upon this thread yesterday and felt inspired to break out the Dart for this morning's shave :)

Hitherto, this has been a razor that I've really struggled to get along with. I found it unpredictable, too aggressive, the sweet spot too narrow and possessed of too much blade feel (and that comes from someone who enjoys the R41).

Today however, I got by far the best shave I've had from the Dart with relatively minor feedback from the aftershave. For the first time since I got it, I didn't put it away after just one shave and that is because I will be using it again tomorrow. I have absolutely no idea what was different today but whatever it is, I'll take it.

It is still an aggressive razor certainly but it felt noticeably less so than it has in past shaves and felt far more predictable.

Top Bottom