What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Blackland Vector SS
Feather Professional
Omega 10049
Stirling Sheep
Balea ASB
Calvin Klein Man edt

Glad I didn't sell the soap too quickly. The more I use it, the more I like it!

proxy.php

I received my Vector SS on November 22 and finally got around to using it today. I took the razor blade out of my Feather DX (Feather Professional) and put it into the Vector. Whipped up some RR Italian barber and was done rather quickly. It's a very efficient razor with none of the drama. No nicks, weepers or other mishaps. Two pass shave.

It's a unique shave, probably one of the easiest shaves I've had. I love how it's minimalist design allow you to shave the usual tight spots with ease. You can really get in and around the nose / upper lip area with aplomb. Also the back of the jaw line under the ear, which has always been a problem area for me.

I'm very pleased:001_smile

I ordered a SS vector on Black Friday. It came yesterday so I took it for a spin this morning. I am lucky that my favorite Proline blade fit nicely.

Lathered up my new favorite soap MWF (can’t believe I’ve never tried this soap) and off I went. The Vector is certainly compact and nimble. I have ATT X1, SE1, and General V2 as comparisons. The Vector is certainly the smallest, but it shaves very nicely.

I found the Vector smooth and decently efficient. More shaves needed of course. I’m fairly new to the AC format and still learning to use them. The Vector seemed almost as smooth as the X1 and maybe a tad more efficient. I’m not sure if I’ll get used to the small size head or not….it is a very different experience. I wanted to use a little more pressure than normal to compensate for lack of heft. No irritation from the shave though.

Excellent first outing with the Vector. Glad the Proline blade fits. That was a nice surprise as I’d heard they didn’t fit.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I ordered a SS vector on Black Friday. It came yesterday so I took it for a spin this morning. I am lucky that my favorite Proline blade fit nicely.

Lathered up my new favorite soap MWF (can’t believe I’ve never tried this soap) and off I went. The Vector is certainly compact and nimble. I have ATT X1, SE1, and General V2 as comparisons. The Vector is certainly the smallest, but it shaves very nicely.

I found the Vector smooth and decently efficient. More shaves needed of course. I’m fairly new to the AC format and still learning to use them. The Vector seemed almost as smooth as the X1 and maybe a tad more efficient. I’m not sure if I’ll get used to the small size head or not….it is a very different experience. I wanted to use a little more pressure than normal to compensate for lack of heft. No irritation from the shave though.

Excellent first outing with the Vector. Glad the Proline blade fits. That was a nice surprise as I’d heard they didn’t fit.
Glad that your Proline blades fit. :)

63F247B0-E965-43A0-80EA-5C4D727F1CCD.jpeg

This is my setup for the last few days. B&M products absolutely on point, no surprises there.

First few shaves with the Era level 4 OC. Very easy to use. I was slightly weary of this razor because it is my first OC and I expected level 4 to be quite aggressive. Not at all. Blade feel is very similar to a 34C In my opinion, but smoother. A great shave overall. Just about BBS in 3 passes. I could have stopped at 2 but it was so easy and drama free that I kept going. Zero irritation of any kind. Very little left to shave 24 hrs later, it is deceptively efficient. I will keep going with this plate for the next couple weeks. I have an level 5 OC plate that I’m very much looking forward to try now.

Second shave with the Vector. Will have to wait and see if it's a keeper, but I think that will come down to how I feel about the AC blades and not the razor itself. The blades just feel so different that it will take some time to get used to them. It's amazing how bulky all of my DE razors seem now when handling them next to the Vector.

full

Second shave with the Vector. Will have to wait and see if it's a keeper, but I think that will come down to how I feel about the AC blades and not the razor itself. The blades just feel so different that it will take some time to get used to them. It's amazing how bulky all of my DE razors seem now when handling them next to the Vector.

full

Sounds like a good start! Try to use the same setup as many times consecutively as you can stand to adapt more quickly.

Sounds like a good start! Try to use the same setup as many times consecutively as you can stand to adapt more quickly.
Thanks for the feedback. Today I intentionally used the same soap as the first shave for consistency.

I would like to try one of each of the five blades I have (Kai Captain Titan Mild, Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG, Feather Professional, Feather ProGuard, & Feather Softguard) to see if there's a clear winner out of those, then stick mostly with that blade for a while.

Have you tried any other base plates?
I originally bought the 3 oc and 2 sb, as I typically prefer milder razors. Picked up the 2 oc and 4 sb when the discontinuation was announced. They all work really well and are exceptionally smooth and efficient, but the 4 is quickly becoming my favorite. The design of the base plates requires an angle just a bit shallower than I find intuitive in the lower ones.

I’m pretty prone to ingrowns and irritation so I almost never go ATG and the fewer passes the better as far as I’m concerned. The 3 oc is a 2 pass plate for me, generally, but I can usually get about the same result in 1 pass with the 4 with zero irritation. At the current price I’m tempted to pick up a 4 oc. I wish I’d gotten a 5 sb.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20221204_114342~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Zenith B34 Butterscotch Chubby
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Superb razor! :cool:
20221204_114438~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12035954

BC9E1427-3560-4439-A561-50307BC7BA2C.jpeg

Tallow Tabac Tuesday / Unknown Gems Week / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D11)

Soap: Tabac Original
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Tabac Original

I have a few shaves in with my SS Vector and Proline blade and I'm getting fabulous results. So far the Vector is providing better shaves than my X1 or General. The small head is weird looking and feeling while shaving, but the results speak for themselves.

Not quite as good as the Blackbird, but darn close.

Top Bottom