What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Brotherhood
20220818_183344~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Black Green (AP Shave Co 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam Clash EdT Spray
20220818_183419~2.jpg

A superb, and very pleasurable, top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11893048

Today was my first outing with a Blackland Blackbird of any type.

Out of the gate this easily was one of my top 5 shaves of the year measured on BBS outcome and efficiency. I still need to work on optimal angle and smoothing out the shave. I’m sure I have much to learn with the Blackbird. And while I know I should temper initial experiences, at this moment in time I am incredibly satisfied with this razor.

Full shaving experience can be found here: www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/rocket-1-shave-logs.628017/post-11894020

Overall Score: 10/10 💯

RAZOR: Blackland Blackbird Ti [SB]
BLADE: Bic Chrome Platinum [1]
BRUSH: AP Shave Co 24mm G5C
LATHER: House of Mammoth Alive

blackbird-ti.jpg

Last edited:
20220819_193942-01.jpeg
On Friday, I choose the Dart for another run. She mowed down 1.5 days worth of growth like nobody's business, true BBS.

I tried a steep angle, which is a generally recommended by many Dart users - just to find out that a more neutral angle of attack suits me way better. Every face is different? *Check*

I nicked me once on the chin, but the bloody spot dissappeared as soon as I applied the AS. Other than that no blemishes showed up.

Great.

Happy shaves!

Brush: 1st shave with my BradSears Style 1 Alpolina & Coral w/ 26mm 2 band knot
Blade: Feather (1), wonderful shave
Soap: Ethos Tonka Bean 🫘 F Base
Razor: Ti Blackbird Machined
Post Shave: Ethos Tonka Bean 🫘 Skin Food Splash 💦

The 2 band knot is a new knot for BradSears the buy the knot untreated then treat it themselves
after using the brush there is no way I could tell the knot had been slightly gelled, they did a great
job. Kudos to @BradSears . I will be buying more in the future.

Doug

Before and after use shots

17DC64A6-2142-489C-8BE9-F25422CDA325.jpeg

2A7E5AF9-6EF6-46A3-8532-0B4434704595.jpeg

06C3F682-2B8F-46D3-A046-3053CECBC4B2.jpeg

Doug

Brush: 1st shave with my BradSears Style 1 Alpolina & Coral w/ 26mm 2 band knot
Blade: Feather (1), wonderful shave
Soap: Ethos Tonka Bean 🫘 F Base
Razor: Ti Blackbird Machined
Post Shave: Ethos Tonka Bean 🫘 Skin Food Splash 💦

The 2 band knot is a new knot for BradSears the buy the knot untreated then treat it themselves
after using the brush there is no way I could tell the knot had been slightly gelled, they did a great
job. Kudos to @BradSears . I will be buying more in the future.

Doug

Before and after use shots

17DC64A6-2142-489C-8BE9-F25422CDA325.jpeg

2A7E5AF9-6EF6-46A3-8532-0B4434704595.jpeg

06C3F682-2B8F-46D3-A046-3053CECBC4B2.jpeg

Doug
Beautiful handle on this brush, very classy.👍

First shave with the Blackbird Ti today on 1.5 days growth. I loaded a second-use Nacet and lathered up with DG After the Rain.

My experience in one word - WOW! I want to try to stay impartial and objective through the first handful of shaves but I am seriously impressed. There is some blade feel but it's so incredibly smooth that unless you're really paying attention to it it feels mild. Much less harsh than the Lupo 95 OC which I didn't find to be very harsh most of the time. If not for the considerable audio feedback with the BB you wouldn't really know you're shaving.

I did feel a bit of drag that others have mentioned with a more shallow angle but it didn't negatively impact performance. As I progressed I found that I seemed to prefer a much steeper angle than I've used with any other razor so far. I will continue to experiment with that.

I ended up doing 3 full passes plus touch-ups which I rarely ever do, and never with efficient/aggressive razors, due to irritation. The Blackbird was just gliding and providing a level of enjoyment way above anything I've experienced with the 6S or Lupos.

I was a little concerned that the handle wouldn't provide enough grip compared to the knurling of all of my other handles but it was a complete non-issue. It was comfortable, secure, and nimble.

I'm not ready to make any proclamations yet but this is the first razor that gave me an immediate "this may be the one" vibes.

First shave with the Blackbird Ti today on 1.5 days growth. I loaded a second-use Nacet and lathered up with DG After the Rain.

My experience in one word - WOW! I want to try to stay impartial and objective through the first handful of shaves but I am seriously impressed. There is some blade feel but it's so incredibly smooth that unless you're really paying attention to it it feels mild. Much less harsh than the Lupo 95 OC which I didn't find to be very harsh most of the time. If not for the considerable audio feedback with the BB you wouldn't really know you're shaving.

I did feel a bit of drag that others have mentioned with a more shallow angle but it didn't negatively impact performance. As I progressed I found that I seemed to prefer a much steeper angle than I've used with any other razor so far. I will continue to experiment with that.

I ended up doing 3 full passes plus touch-ups which I rarely ever do, and never with efficient/aggressive razors, due to irritation. The Blackbird was just gliding and providing a level of enjoyment way above anything I've experienced with the 6S or Lupos.

I was a little concerned that the handle wouldn't provide enough grip compared to the knurling of all of my other handles but it was a complete non-issue. It was comfortable, secure, and nimble.

I'm not ready to make any proclamations yet but this is the first razor that gave me an immediate "this may be the one" vibes.

Reading this was just like I wrote it myself! I keep buying razors but have yet to find one to beat the 'bird in overall shave results. And mine is stainless steel.

Great write up!
She's indeed a stunning razor 🤩

See you on Blackland Thursday 😉

I had great shave with the Blackbird this afternoon. Perhaps after three versions I'm finally getting the feel for this razor.

It's very nimble and easy to control but I still took my time trying to pay attention to pressure, angle and feedback. I definitely get a different face sensation while shaving with it but there's no arguing with my end result.

The Perma-Sharp seems to be a popular blade choice with the BB but I had a stellar shave with a fresh Wizamet loaded. Now my plan is to use the Blackbird exclusively the rest of this week in the hope we can become good chums.

Blackbird_08212022.jpg

Maiden shave with the Blackland Vector SS!
Blade: Kai Captain Mild with guard
Pre-shave: Proraso
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Badger
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum and Nivea Cool Sensitive
Great shave, 3-passes. I ordered a selection of blades, and look forward to try them and see which one wins.

Attachments

• 20220820_190858.jpg
    20220820_190858.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Brush: BradSears Style 1 Alpolina and Coral 🪸 w/ 26mm 2 band
Blade: Feather 🪶 (1) incredible shave
Soap: GD Diamond Dust Kairos, this is my favorite non SE GD soap
Razor: Ti Blackbird Machined polished by me
Post Shave: Ethos Lavender Skin Food Splash 💦

Absolutely love this brush, blade, soap, razor and skin food splash 💦

141A714A-0CC9-4DD7-B960-1B868D19412C.jpeg

Top Bottom