What's new

Blackland Blackbird

The message on the Blackland web site states that "Blackbird top cap is compatible with the Blackbird base plate and handle only".

Any success in changing to a different handle?

Thanks

The message on the Blackland web site states that "Blackbird top cap is compatible with the Blackbird base plate and handle only".

Any success in changing to a different handle?

Thanks
The note would seem to be intended for anyone wanting to buy the top cap and using it on another mfg's base plate and the possibility that it wouldn't work and the customer wanting a refund because of such, is the way I read into it... I'm pretty sure the Blackbird top cap and base plate can be used with other handles. I'm almost sure I've seen pics in a few places, but I could be wrong though!!

I would think that Shane @Blackland Razors could best answer this question though...

ETA... Here is a link to a pic that has a TiBam handle on a Blackbird so that would tell me it is compatible with other handles... Noob shaver, Blackland Blackbird review - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/noob-shaver-blackland-blackbird-review.573972/post-10384123

Last edited:
There is a recess in the Blackbird base plate that the factory Blackbird handle fits tightly into. It's possible to fill that recess up with a spacer, and then any standard handle should work. It's also possible to get a handle that by chance works out. It either fits into the recess reasonably well, or has a top diameter that is larger than the recess and envelopes the recess to bottom out on the bottom surface of the base plate. And it's also possible to have a custom handle made that fits properly into the recess.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
The Charcoal Goods Bishop’s handle and the Bird fit perfectly together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Does the BlackBird handle fit the Game Changer head? I ordered a Sabre handle and it doesn't fit. Sent photos to Shane and will see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom