What's new

Blackland Blackbird

It's been exactly a month since I received my Blackbird. All this month I shaved only with this razor, changing blades and soap for shaving.
As a result, I came to the following conclusion.
The most clean and comfortable shaving of this razor is achieved with the blade of the Personna coming in the kit, as well as with the Polysilver Iridium blade.
And with soap from Martin de Cander.
Shane created a great razor !!!
My Top now looks like this
1. BBS-1
2. Blackbird and Wolfman
3. Rockwell

Sweet! That sounds fantastic!

Will now have to save money and convince SWMBO that 100+ razor is a necessity :001_tt2:

Having had some time pass since the last post here, does anyone have any further thoughts about what blade works best ?

I'll answer my own question. Got this on Saturday.....machine finished open comb with the 85 mm handle and it is brilliant.

Been using a polsiver si blade, there is definitely some blade feel (which I like); but not scary r41 blade feel. Reminds me of an MMOC in feel, but as an earlier post said cutting myself will take some carelessness. (which will occur). Between the mojo and performance this razor is amazing.

I'll answer my own question. Got this on Saturday.....machine finished open comb with the 85 mm handle and it is brilliant.

Been using a polsiver si blade, there is definitely some blade feel (which I like); but not scary r41 blade feel. Reminds me of an MMOC in feel, but as an earlier post said cutting myself will take some carelessness. (which will occur). Between the mojo and performance this razor is amazing.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit this, but my inaugural shave with this very same razor this morning yielded the biggest slice off my chin that I've yet experienced in my 61 years. It was totally human error, as I'd gotten lazy using a Rocnel SE-G, Timeless .95 open comb and Rockwell 6S with the 6 baseplate--all very efficient razors, given their mildness. In other words, I'd gotten lazy.

Anyway, notwithstanding my mistake, I already realize this is a great razor. The minimal blade exposure, and impressive blade gap, combine for a shave that's unique among my collection. I have many razors that emphasize one or the other, or both, but the Blackbird engineering seems to work well for me after one shave. (We'll see what happens in the future.) The shave was as close and long-lasting as I expect from my razors, and I demand both qualities. Overall, I'm quite happy with this BST purchase.

BB gave me some of the best and most long lasting shaves, but that razor sliced me if I wasn't careful, slit my lip twice with it. Great razor but you have to be aware when using it or it'll bite you for ignoring it.

A new titanium handle for my Blackbird
Stunning quality of performance !!! The razor looks quite different and is much more comfortable in the hand.

Attachments

• be35c4ec-b321-4cb0-83b5-c9bc0ab94ae3.jpg
    be35c4ec-b321-4cb0-83b5-c9bc0ab94ae3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 62
  • dd3c34f8-ed09-44a0-8646-b3c5c7de7f59.jpg
    dd3c34f8-ed09-44a0-8646-b3c5c7de7f59.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom