What's new

Blackland Blackbird - What's your thoughts on that?

I would love to see some Blackland razors in Europe, but so far, they are so damn rare...

We ship to Europe every day! A pretty large portion of our sales is too Europe so plenty of our razors are definitely over there. Currently, we’re focused on direct sales and our wholesale operations will remain paused for the foreseeable future. I know international shipping sucks, but that’s the only way for now.

My Blackbird might be my favorite razor, honestly.

I never used to be a big blade noise and feedback lover, now because of the Blackbird, if I don't get blade feedback the shave isn't as fun. I have never shaved with a more efficient yet comfortable razor.

After an initial post on another thread here involving “Razors I Was Disappointed With”, I had to recant on that thread. The SS Blackbird has become one of the final contestants for “My Excalibur”, with the Ti version a very close second. What a consistently close and wonderfully smooth shaver on my ugly mug!

Curly Out!

I pair my BB OC with a mild blade and it produces the best shaves I have ever had. Silver Star blades in the super efficient ss blackbird is on par with my titanium timeless . 68 with a wizamet blade. You just have to be slightly less carefree with the BB as it will still bite even with the smoother blade.

Very hard to say...for some love at first shave is the verdict.
For others, the blade feel is an issue. The shave with SS (solid bar)
was not bad....but I moved it along after 3-4 uses.

Opinions do vary considerably in this game....but it's clear that
the 'like' column has more names.

Give it a whirl...you never know.

Very hard to say...for some love at first shave is the verdict.
For others, the blade feel is an issue. The shave with SS (solid bar)
was not bad....but I moved it along after 3-4 uses.

Ah that's a real shame. That quantity of shaves is just not enough to evaluate any razor, especially the Blackbird, with any degree of certainty. That unique head design really takes some getting used to. You want 5-10 shaves at a minimum - more if possible. I can't begin to tell you how many customers reach out after a handful of shaves and dislike the razor just to turn around and absolutely love it with some more seat time. I bet a few of the members in this thread had this experience.

We discuss this in the Vector Guide video we posted on YouTube recently. The Blackbird version coming up addresses this in more detail. :)

The Titanium Bird is incredibly gentle to use daily. A light touch, steep angle of attack and sharp(er) blades make the TiBird tough to beat for daily shaving.
I saw in another thread a while back you stated the Ti BB was king of your den. I’m curious if that is still the case?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I saw in another thread a while back you stated the Ti BB was king of your den. I’m curious if that is still the case?
1659995009942.gif

All other razors (save one) have gotten this treatment from King TiBird…
1659995300155.gif

I have the Blackbird Safety Bar in the machined finish, in titanium. I've had it about 4 months, so plenty of time to get to know it. This is the best razor I've used. I've used many vintage & numerous modern razors, including 3 Wolfman razors. The Blackbird Ti is the smoothest razor, & one of the most efficient. I use it as my daily razor & get a stellar shave each day with it. It works beautifully in that problem area along my jawline. I can't say enough positive about this razor!

I thought I should be more specific. Yeah I think I now remember what it was about BB
that didn't quite work for me....it was the sharp edge of the safety bar that I didn't like
digging into my cheek. Yes, that was it. But then, I am perhaps being a bit too prissy...by
all accounts Im in a very small minority. Everyone should buy this and make up their own
mind.

I thought I should be more specific. Yeah I think I now remember what it was about BB
that didn't quite work for me....it was the sharp edge of the safety bar that I didn't like
digging into my cheek. Yes, that was it. But then, I am perhaps being a bit too prissy...by
all accounts Im in a very small minority. Everyone should buy this and make up their own
mind.
I was under the impression that the head was designed to use the top cap and not "ride" the guard as you do with a traditional German razor.
The same principle as a Henson razor.

Top Bottom