What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

3FADADF3-44C6-44C6-ABC7-140F744A2BDA.jpeg

Maybe this is the right place to ask for answers...

I like the efficient shave and I do not mind if the razor is aggressive or not.

My most expensive razor is Merkur Progress.

My usual daily razors are iKon Tech, R41, and slants, such as Fatip Slant OC (very efficient and mild), Merkur 37c, X3 and others.

After searching a lot, I think. that if there is one (more expensive) razor to buy, that would be probably Blackland Blackbird. I read comments for Wolfman, ATT (mild but not so efficient) and other razors, but I think the Blackland Blackbird is probably a razor that would fit to me.

I would appreciate your comments and advice if it worth to buy a BB and what difference I should expect compared to any of my razors mentioned above.

Funny - the BB is my daily driver, but I just ordered a Tek after seeing all of those discussions over the years. I wanted to see what it was all about.

I love the BB - it is agile, close, comfortable and really sings.

The BB is such a joy to use that I don’t want to shave with anything else. Knowing that, now I’m enjoying exploring what blades work well. At first, I was strictly using Wizamets but have had a Feather in it for the past 5-6 shaves and it’s been wonderful. Very smooth and comfortable.

AF203C8D-8103-43A3-B7F0-5B789B483C40.jpeg

The BB is such a joy to use that I don’t want to shave with anything else. Knowing that, now I’m enjoying exploring what blades work well. At first, I was strictly using Wizamets but have had a Feather in it for the past 5-6 shaves and it’s been wonderful. Very smooth and comfortable.

I was using an AstraSP with the BB OC. It worked so great for me I didn’t want to mess with it.

So in B&B fashion I switched to a Voskhod. Still a great shave, but I needed to back off to the SB plate. Now of course I need to try the Astra SP with the SB plate and compare.

I have been shaving every day for 2 weeks with my Blackbird and absolutely LOVE it!!!...For now I own a Rex ambassador,Timeless Ss,and CG Lv2 as a comparison...I have to say all my razor will give me an exceptional shave,but for me it's how they "Drive"....For me the Blackbird Drives perfect...Between the handle length and head balance it just feels Right...No nicks,cuts or irritation...So at the moment I have found my Razor Nirvana....But let's be Honest...There will always be a new girl to come along 😋

The Blackbird is my favorite "Modern" razor. It's about as close as a person can get to a perfect razor. Shane can call it inspired by the SR-71 Blackbird, but to me it has an art deco styling that would not have been out of place in the 1920's. (Not comparing it to razors of that era, but rather architectural and artistic designs of that time).

It is one of the crown jewels of my collection.

If a person is lucky enough to be one of the few who got one, the wooden presentation case is a throwback to the Richwood and Big Fellow.

For you Blackbird lovers, there is a thread started here on B&B where you can join others and continue extolling the virtues of the BB :)

Top Bottom