What's new

Blackland Blackbird "Lite"

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
First shave with the Blackbird Lite.

It was immediately apparent that my customary (and preferred) steep angle will simply not work with this baseplate. I rode it along the intuitive curve of the top cap and achieved a very comfortable yet efficient shave. I paired it with a 3rd use Feather and no drama ensued - no nicks, cuts, irritation. A very pleasant shave. This Bird doesn’t ‘sing’ as much as the standard does, and it’s likely due to the different angle of attack.

For those wanting to experience a Bird but fear its aggressive reputation, the Blackbird Lite will be a welcome addition to your den. Nothing to fear here!

View attachment 1571403
I sure love that brush handle. It looks oh, so comfortable.

I got delivery of the plate today - quick shipping by Blackland. I snuck the delivery past my wife as I was seriously “done” after the last/first Blackland order. I was blaming @Blackland Razors Shane if I got caught. We’ll see how the shaves go.

I made a comment on YouTube that the Lite was out of stock and Shane moved inventory to restock it in mins. I wasnt sure if that was good or not for me…. I took It as a sign I needed to order it.

First shave with the Blackbird Lite.

It was immediately apparent that my customary (and preferred) steep angle will simply not work with this baseplate. I rode it along the intuitive curve of the top cap and achieved a very comfortable yet efficient shave. I paired it with a 3rd use Feather and no drama ensued - no nicks, cuts, irritation. A very pleasant shave. This Bird doesn’t ‘sing’ as much as the standard does, and it’s likely due to the different angle of attack.

For those wanting to experience a Bird but fear its aggressive reputation, the Blackbird Lite will be a welcome addition to your den. Nothing to fear here!

View attachment 1571403
any thoughts on where it might sit on the Wolfman equivalent scale :)

@Blackland Razors Shane. The Blackbird Lite came in a little after noon (ahead of time). I watched your Blackbird video again and followed some of your tips on the inaugural shave.

3 pass shallow angle shave with a new Lord Platinum Class blade and a very light touch.

No nicks, No irritation, Very close and very smooth. Negligible alum report.

Fast shipping and awesome razor.

My sensitive fickle skin thanks you!

Thanks!!!

@Blackland Razors Shane. The Blackbird Lite came in a little after noon (ahead of time). I watched your Blackbird video again and followed some of your tips on the inaugural shave.

3 pass shallow angle shave with a new Lord Platinum Class blade and a very light touch.

No nicks, No irritation, Very close and very smooth. Negligible alum report.

Fast shipping and awesome razor.

My sensitive fickle skin thanks you!

Thanks!!!

I'm so glad to hear that and equally glad that the video was helpful! I need to film more of those...

Top Bottom