What's new

Blackhand Vector Handle

Opinions on the Vector handle? Although the look of the Vector handle matches the overall design I find the handle to be too narrow. I am considering purchasing a larger diameter handle but hate to add to the expense of the razor. I like the Vector shave but the handle is a minus for me. I either increase the investment in order to justify keeping the Vector or send a good shaver back.

Thoughts?

I love the Vector as is. Part of the attraction is the slender build and sleight weight. A Miata will never be a Suburban, but it's a lot more fun to drive. Still, if a Suburban is what you want . . .

Nothing in your den you like that you can just swap in temporarily?

I don’t usually swap handles myself unless balance is radically off or if I need more weight.

I love the Vector as is. Part of the attraction is the slender build and sleight weight. A Miata will never be a Suburban, but it's a lot more fun to drive. Still, if a Suburban is what you want . . .

You probably would not drive the Miata with a joystick. A couple of millimeters more in diamenter would make a real difference in grip and have no effect on the maneuverability. The handle weight is ok. The grip is easily solved with an aftermarket handle from maybe Windrose. My dilemma is whether or not to increase the investment in an already expensive razor. Blackhand could solve this by offering a handle selection that they engineer for their razor that maintains it's balance and looks. ATT as an example offer several choices. Thanks for your input but I live in gas tax country (Ca.) and will pass on the Suburban.

I don’t usually swap handles myself unless balance is radically off or if I need more weight.

I did and thats how I determined that another handle would make the Vector a keeper. Although not ideal I swapped out with my ATT Atlas

I did, and that is how I determined that for my preference a slight increase in diameter would be good. I swapped out an ATT Atlas. Not ideal length but the increase in diameter was good for this razor.

Blackhand Blackland could solve this by offering a handle selection that they engineer for their razor that maintains it's balance and looks.
First off I corrected the above for you... Secondly, if you have ever read any comments on the forum from Shane, you would know that he mates a razor and handle to what he feels gives the razor its best look and balance as almost any Mfg'r would!! He has been very vocal about this in the past.

I'm sure if you asked Stan over at Above The Tie, he would gladly recommend which of his handles gives the best balance to any head he has in his line. He just offers a variety because not all people are happy, such as you with Blackland, with what the Mfg'r feels works best in their opinion...

What it all comes down to in the end is you should really use what you feel is best for you though. If that means buying a special handle to suit your needs for a head, you should do that!!

All my razors are designed as a single unit rather than as a head and handle separately. For this reason there will never be a wide range of handles available for our razor heads. I understand why other companies do it, but I strongly dislike the results and won’t be following their path. In this case, I recommend trying the Vector handle for a longer time and if it’s still not a good fit try a handle you have in your den currently that you already like.

First off I corrected the above for you... Secondly, if you have ever read any comments on the forum from Shane, you would know that he mates a razor and handle to what he feels gives the razor its best look and balance as almost any Mfg'r would!! He has been very vocal about this in the past.

I'm sure if you asked Stan over at Above The Tie, he would gladly recommend which of his handles gives the best balance to any head he has in his line. He just offers a variety because not all people are happy, such as you with Blackland, with what the Mfg'r feels works best in their opinion...

What it all comes down to in the end is you should really use what you feel is best for you though. If that means buying a special handle to suit your needs for a head, you should do that!!

Thanks for the correction, teach. I will do a better job of proofing next time.

Opinions on the Vector handle? Although the look of the Vector handle matches the overall design I find the handle to be too narrow. I am considering purchasing a larger diameter handle but hate to add to the expense of the razor. I like the Vector shave but the handle is a minus for me. I either increase the investment in order to justify keeping the Vector or send a good shaver back.

Thoughts?
I swapped the handle for a bulldog handle hoping the extra weight would result in a longer lasting shave, didnt happen. With a Feather the shave still only lasted 12 hours. I'll be going back to the original handle.
I found that the balance is a little lower down handle then most razors.

Top Bottom