What's new

Blackbird's Handle???

Any complaints on the Handle??I pose this question because I used my CG Level 2 for for the first time today. I felt the handle to be slippery and distracted my attention...I really want to buy a BB but don't want to have another $200+ razor with a Sucky handle.

Any complaints on the Handle??I pose this question because I used my CG Level 2 for for the first time today. I felt the handle to be slippery and distracted my attention...I really want to buy a BB but don't want to have another $200+ razor with a Sucky handle.

I have no problem with the Blackbird handle, nor with my three CG 3" handles in brass (hammered, helix and maze). Which CG handle are you using?

I have no problem with the Blackbird handle, nor with my three CG 3" handles in brass (hammered, helix and maze). Which CG handle are you using?
The new hollow handle...I don't choke up on the handle so my fingers are on the smooth part of it...I'm sure I will spend a Sunday afternoon with a file guide and some files giving it some grip.

Attachments

• 20200731_165952.jpg
    20200731_165952.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 29
The only issue I have with the blackbird handle is the way it looks. other than that it's an excellent handle, probably the best grip out of my collection.

The grooves on it tend to direct the lather and water down instead of onto the handle. Besides, Shane has an awesome 30 day money back guarantee. So if you don't like it, you get your money back.

Ok...I'm sold...Ordered a Blackbird and pre Ordered a Tradere.
The only Blackland razor I cannot speak about is the Dart since I do not own it. But I enjoy the Blackbird, Sabre and Vector. Shane @Blackland Razors has mentioned in the past that he designs his handles to fit as well with the razor as possible. And I agree. They are all works of art in their own right .. :)

Like you, I also have the Tradere on pre-order. Waiting to see updates from Shane to see if he has started shipping them out yet or not. I cannot wait to give it a go.

The only Blackland razor I cannot speak about is the Dart since I do not own it. But I enjoy the Blackbird, Sabre and Vector. Shane @Blackland Razors has mentioned in the past that he designs his handles to fit as well with the razor as possible. And I agree. They are all works of art in their own right .. :)

Like you, I also have the Tradere on pre-order. Waiting to see updates from Shane to see if he has started shipping them out yet or not. I cannot wait to give it a go.

I'm pushing to begin shipping by the end of this week. Waiting on just a couple things.

Regarding the Blackbird, my opinion shouldn't matter much, but the handle is probably my favorite part of the razor. Plenty of grip and it looks a million times better than knurling.

I'm pushing to begin shipping by the end of this week. Waiting on just a couple things.

Regarding the Blackbird, my opinion shouldn't matter much, but the handle is probably my favorite part of the razor. Plenty of grip and it looks a million times better than knurling.
I generally don't mind knurling but I think the uniqueness of the handles adds a lot to the identity of the razors. My personal favorite is the Vector handle .. :)

Also, regarding the Tradere shipping, I am guessing it will be shipping in batches right? Curious to see when mine ends up shipping. :D

Top Bottom