What's new

Blackbird vs Timeless 0.95 blade gap

If any of you guys have both, how would you compare the aggression/blade gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless is smoother but not as efficient. I probably can not give a good comparison due to my Timeless being a scalloped bar, and the Blackbird being an open comb. The timeless I can shave with daily and get good shaves. The Blackbird I can only shave with every other day (probably because it is an OC) but get much closer shaves with very little to no irritation in less passes. Both amazing razors, but the bird needs more concentration. Easier to cut yourself. With the timeless, once you get used to it, it's a thoughtless shave.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If any of you guys have both, how would you compare the aggression/blade gap.

Comparing gaps between these two is irrelevant. The BB has a much smaller gap; but the BB has more blade exposure and more blade feel. The Timeless is a gentler shaver, but the BB is marvelously efficient.

Comparing gaps between these two is irrelevant. The BB has a much smaller gap; but the BB has more blade exposure and more blade feel. The Timeless is a gentler shaver, but the BB is marvelously efficient.

Great info. Thank you :)

The Timeless provides a quicker, smoother shave. The Blackbird requires more time, but produces superior results in my opinion.

Both are fantastic razors.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Timeless provides a quicker, smoother shave. The Blackbird requires more time, but produces superior results in my opinion.

Both are fantastic razors.

^^^^^^^^^^ This. :)

Timely thread. I got an email today notifying me that the Blackbird I “pre-ordered” just over two months ago has finally taken flight! Should be here early next week...can’t wait to take it for a spin. Man, when it rains it pours. My first Wolfman just arrived last week. I haven’t picked up my Timeless since its arrival. I definitely plan to do some thinning of the herd soon. I have some decisions to make!

I have the Blackbird SB and the Timeless 95 OC. As has already been said, the Timeless is smoother, but less efficient. The Blackbird is more nimble due to the smaller head. I enjoy both razors and they both provide different experiences.

I’m selling my timeless straight bar 95. I have an open comb oxide blackbird and a safety bar brassbird.

I’ve tried just about everything over the last 13 years, and the blackbird is the best I’ve ever used.

The 95 is very mild for me. The blackbird is ultra efficient, but tameable with the safety bar. It’s perfect.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’m selling my timeless straight bar 95. I have an open comb oxide blackbird and a safety bar brassbird.

I’ve tried just about everything over the last 13 years, and the blackbird is the best I’ve ever used.

The 95 is very mild for me. The blackbird is ultra efficient, but tameable with the safety bar. It’s perfect.
Your conclusion is unimpeachable.

Gap is not a useful comparison as they are not comparable in terms of geometry. I ultimately sold on both (keeping the Dart and Bronze) but found the more rigid Timeless a much smoother shave where the more blade forward Bird tugged ATG on my head.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gap is not a useful comparison as they are not comparable in terms of geometry. I ultimately sold on both (keeping the Dart and Bronze) but found the more rigid Timeless a much smoother shave where the more blade forward Bird tugged ATG on my head.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Im starting to think the same way about the Blackbird, and just two shaves in with the Dart. I'm liking the dart, feels more safe, if that means anything..

My Blackbird OC just landed. So here’s the thing about this razor for me. It lives up to the hype.

After trying a good chunk of the super hyped razors, I was, with no exception, a little let down. They were good, but not anywhere near the hype.

On this one, I am just blown away by the combination of efficiency and smoothness. I’ve heard this so many times . . . but the Bird lives up to it.

The fact that it is a work of art is only icing on the cake.

My Blackbird OC just landed. So here’s the thing about this razor for me. It lives up to the hype.

After trying a good chunk of the super hyped razors, I was, with no exception, a little let down. They were good, but not anywhere near the hype.

On this one, I am just blown away by the combination of efficiency and smoothness. I’ve heard this so many times . . . but the Bird lives up to it.

The fact that it is a work of art is only icing on the cake.

I think i might have to get the BB open comb soon. Lol

I got my Timeless Ti open comb yesterday and I’m very impressed. Smooth and efficient

I probably should have ordered my Timeless with the OC plate. The SB is great, but leaves a little to be desired for me in efficiency.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Blackbird is a very unique razor that requires a specific technique to get the best results. Try and use the BB like you would a 1940s/1950s Tech and you will not get a good result. Trust yourself and the razor, ride the bar and you will get excellent results.

YMMV

I probably should have ordered my Timeless with the OC plate. The SB is great, but leaves a little to be desired for me in efficiency.

I had the solid bar and sent it back.

Got the open comb and it really perfected the shave. Very happy with it...

I will keep this razor for life.

Top Bottom