What's new

Blackbird Ti with Lite Plate (Post-Honeymoon Review)

After numerous unsatisfactory experiences with previous DE razors, I transitioned to using a OneBlade SE exclusively for several years. However, the Blackbird has emerged as the first DE razor that consistently yields satisfactory results for me.

For context, here are the razors I've owned or tried in the past:
El Jefe iKon SE, Gillette Slim, Supply v1, Gillette Super Speed 1970, GEM, OneBlade v1 GEM Comp, OneBlade v2, Asylum SE, Muhle r41 2011, Gillette Red Tip, EJ r89, Merkur Bakelite, Feather Travel, EJ Chatsworth, Feather ASD1.

Over the past month, I've used the Blackbird exclusively for my face shaves, adhering to an every-other-day routine. It has proven itself an excellent performer, consistently delivering efficient and irritation-free shaves.

The mild nature of the Lite Plate seems to facilitate finding the optimal shaving angle quite easily. In fact, I achieved a great shave on my very first use. This is my first experience with a titanium razor, and the material, as reported, appears exceptionally gentle on the skin. Despite not considering myself a skilled shaver, and not having the steadiest of hands, and always finding DE razors challenging.

Regarding blade preferences with this razor, my ranking is: Feather, Kai, Nacet, Personna Lab Blue, and Astra SP. Impressively, the Blackbird performs well with any blade I use, showcasing its significant versatility.
Even the Shark blades, which resulted in a slightly rougher shave, didn't cause any cuts or noticeable skin irritation.

In conclusion, I'm extremely pleased with my Blackbird Ti Lite. I don't have any regrets; in fact, it has surpassed my expectations.

Now, out of curiosity, I find myself itching to try or graduating to the standard plate.

After numerous unsatisfactory experiences with previous DE razors, I transitioned to using a OneBlade SE exclusively for several years. However, the Blackbird has emerged as the first DE razor that consistently yields satisfactory results for me.

For context, here are the razors I've owned or tried in the past:
El Jefe iKon SE, Gillette Slim, Supply v1, Gillette Super Speed 1970, GEM, OneBlade v1 GEM Comp, OneBlade v2, Asylum SE, Muhle r41 2011, Gillette Red Tip, EJ r89, Merkur Bakelite, Feather Travel, EJ Chatsworth, Feather ASD1.

Over the past month, I've used the Blackbird exclusively for my face shaves, adhering to an every-other-day routine. It has proven itself an excellent performer, consistently delivering efficient and irritation-free shaves.

The mild nature of the Lite Plate seems to facilitate finding the optimal shaving angle quite easily. In fact, I achieved a great shave on my very first use. This is my first experience with a titanium razor, and the material, as reported, appears exceptionally gentle on the skin. Despite not considering myself a skilled shaver, and not having the steadiest of hands, and always finding DE razors challenging.

Regarding blade preferences with this razor, my ranking is: Feather, Kai, Nacet, Personna Lab Blue, and Astra SP. Impressively, the Blackbird performs well with any blade I use, showcasing its significant versatility.
Even the Shark blades, which resulted in a slightly rougher shave, didn't cause any cuts or noticeable skin irritation.

In conclusion, I'm extremely pleased with my Blackbird Ti Lite. I don't have any regrets; in fact, it has surpassed my expectations.

Now, out of curiosity, I find myself itching to try or graduating to the standard plate.
Glad to hear it is working for you. I’ve got my eye on a standard one in Brass.

Glad to hear it is working for you. I’ve got my eye on a standard one in Brass.
I was a bit nervous about buying such an expensive razor, due my history of not having consistent results with DEs.
After doing research for days here, I was set on getting a Feather AS-D2, or a Tatara Masamune.
But kept reading positive comments on the BB Ti. And the 30 days return policy made the buying decision easier

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
This kind of report is why I want to try the standard plate.
1686187365122.gif

I don't consider the standard Blackbird an "autopilot" razor; I need to maintain the angle carefully to avoid neck irritation because the "as designed" angle is shallower than what feels "natural" to me. (This is probably just a "me problem" because a lot of other people seem to like the angle just fine.) But when I watch my angle I do get good results.

i have tried the ikon x3, the rex konsul, the rex ambassador, the pearl flexi and the leaf twig (starter). The Blackbird Ti SB is by far the best razor I have ever had. Finding the angle is relatively easy, and I am new to wet shaving. The only thing that might be better than the Blackland Blackbird Ti would be a Blackland Ti Adjustable.

Having tried the Lite plate myself, I think the regular plate is superior in efficiency, without sacrificing the gentleness you describe and which, to me, is what makes the Bird legendary.
+1 I just tried my new Standard Plate and it’s very efficient without sacrificing comfort. Thanks for this advice
I got a super close bbs with 2 passes and some touch ups.
It’s truly a legendary razor

My Ti OC and lite plates arrived this morning.

I've been on an adjustable kick for the past several months so I haven't touched any BBs in some time. In anticipation of the new plates, I used the Ti BB last evening on two days growth. Spectacular shave. There was no irritation, yet the standard plate delivered the closest shave I've had in awhile.

I may try the lite plate this evening, if I decide to shave at all.

Top Bottom