What's new

BlackBird TI Polished review!

Just received my polished titanium blackbird with stand last week. Wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first blackland purchase, but I was not disappointed.

Firstly packaging was just right. Ridgid box, razor and stand held tight in foam. Once having removed the razor and inspected it, it was flawless. No marks, blemishes, swirls, nothing. Head was very snug, no play at all in the cap, blade lock up was great. I did notice a slight grittiness to the threads though which from my experience is common with titanium and don't attribute that to the manufacturer, more so just the material. Perfect fit and finish otherwise, and a great looking design as well!

I wanted to get 5 or so shaves in before I gave my initial review, so a week in and all I can say is wow. I'm usually an every day shaver, with the GC .84 being my daily driver. I have med coarse full bead, medium sensitive skin. This razor blew me away with the results. It was much more efficient than my GC and at the same time more smooth as well. Hair fell away and even a first pass WTG I achieved incredibly close results. There is a touch more blade feel that made me apprehensive at first, however its not a blade feel that pulls hair, just one that let's you know its there. Very smooth, great audible feedback and a very intuitive shaving angle for me. It felt natural to my style. Full 3 pass shaves with no drama. No weepers, cuts or anything. The razor really inspires confidence and has definitely become my new daily driver.

The price tag might be a little steep but the results and feel have been incredible. It's nice to support American industry and Shane's customer service was top notch. I'd buy with confidence.

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_181321.jpg
    IMG_20220129_181321.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20220129_181231.jpg
    IMG_20220129_181231.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20220206_130741.jpg
    IMG_20220206_130741.jpg
    861.1 KB · Views: 305
Have you guys found any blade pairing that seems to work well with the blackbird? I've used both Astra SPs and Feather with good results so far.

Have you guys found any blade pairing that seems to work well with the blackbird? I've used both Astra SPs and Feather with good results so far.
I originally had great results with Shark Super Chromes and Silver Stars but that was until I tried Feathers and now they rule the roost for my Ti Blackbird!! I've also tried Shark SS and Perma-Sharps that were OK as well as Nacet and Bic Chrome Platinum that were very tuggy.

Interesting enough this is the only razor I've ever had a Feather work for me... On average 16-20hr BBS every shave out!!

I hope it works wonders for you. This razor is very sensitive to pressure and shave angle and requires concentration. It took me a handful of shaves to handle it properly.
I completely disagree. For my skin, YMMV , the titanium is not sensitive to pressure (stainless was sensitive to pressure), not sensitive to shave angle since it is given to you by the blackbird brilliant geometry. It is as mindless as they come (for me), with the titanium not the stainless blackbird. I would be careful around the mouth as it is not perfect flat surfaces. It was intuitive, For Me from the very first stroke. It does the job well, since it’s super effective keep it to minimal strokes per same spot snd keep it to 2 passes with some touch ups. Just my 2 cents

I completely disagree. For my skin, YMMV , the titanium is not sensitive to pressure (stainless was sensitive to pressure), not sensitive to shave angle since it is given to you by the blackbird brilliant geometry. It is as mindless as they come (for me), with the titanium not the stainless blackbird. I would be careful around the mouth as it is not perfect flat surfaces. It was intuitive, For Me from the very first stroke. It does the job well, since it’s super effective keep it to minimal strokes per same spot snd keep it to 2 passes with some touch ups. Just my 2 cents
Mind you that I have a very problematic skin to the point that I decided to grow a beard and nowadays shave only the neck area. Blackbird Ti is a fantastic razor and the more I shave with it, the more I enjoy it. The point i was trying to make was that it would not be wise to judge this razor by a couple of first shave. Strangely enough, I could not even use it on my face even with SV Oputia 4.3, but I'm safe with elite tallow based soaps such as Zingari and Tallow & Steel.

Top Bottom