What's new

Blackbird Ti and Wolfman

Blackbird TI is my favorite razor,its blade feel and efficiency is what I like. Blade feel help me work batter. Now id like to get a wolfman,wr1 or wr2,0.80 or 0.86 and others, do you have some good advice? thanks!

Blackbird TI is my favorite razor,its blade feel and efficiency is what I like. Blade feel help me work batter. Now id like to get a wolfman,wr1 or wr2,0.80 or 0.86 and others, do you have some good advice? thanks!
I don't have a Wolfman but have a Ti Blackbird that is the sole razor in my cabinet but I'm sure there will be plenty here that will attest the WR2 1.25 is very much like the Ti BB in comparison... Not sure about in the WR1 though...

I have a WR2 1.15 and very, very recently got a Blackbird Ti. I think the Blackbird and the 1.15 feel very similar on the face, while the Blackbird shaves a bit closer while being just as smooth. I think a lot will depend on what you are looking for: something milder for more frequent shaves? Something more aggressive to shave less? I don't have a WR2 with a higher gap than a 1.15 so I can't offer much more advice than that. The 1.15 is perfectly wonderful and comfortable as a daily shaver for me (even though I usually shave every other day). I have a 1.05 but I don't really use it; I just look at it and say, I remember how nice you were, one day I'll try you again (and close the drawer).

And I'm no expert on razor design and geometry, but I think (because I've read it on the internet) the Wolfman WR2 tries to get an efficient but smooth shave with less blade feel by using wider gaps with less exposure.

However, here are some notes I've collected from Wolfman threads that might be helpful:

In terms of efficiency between the WR2 and WR1:
1.35 wr2 > 0.94 wr1 > 1.25 wr2 > 0.86 wr1 > 1.15 wr2 > 0.8 wr1 > 1.05 wr2 > 0.74 wr1

Here's also some info that I have but don't know how accurate it is (and certainly is not Wolfman-verified in any way):
For blade exposure in the WR2 (with steel Blackbird for reference) (N is negative exposure, P is positive)
0.95 N -0.076mm Calculated
1.05 P 0.01mm. (Measured)
1.15 P 0.09mm. (Measured)
1.25 P 0.167mm. Calculated. ———Blackbird P 0.14mm (measured)
1.35 P 0.244mm. Calculated
1.45 P 0.321mm. Calculated. (Measured 0.33mm)
1.55 P 0.40mm. (Measured)
[Again, I did not do any of these measurements and calculations, I just kept notes on what someone else did]

Top Bottom