What's new

FS Blackbird Ti and a few nice watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackbird Ti used only a single time and determined it was too mild for me. I’m a R41, CG3, ATT SE2, Wolf WR2 1.55 type shaver. Anyway, the thing is absolutely flawless and comes with original box and packaging. Paid $300. Will take $285 shipped CONUS.

All 3 watches are automatic and are about 10-12 years old worn in a rotation of about 15 watches. Most have been worn less than 50 times. They perform perfectly, but the bevels do show some wear. I would rate all 3 in very good condition but now flawless.

Breitling Cockpit with gold bezel, crown and SS and gold bracelet. Paid about $6,500 new. No box. Will take $1,950 shipped CONUS.
Baume Mercier Capeland. Paid about $3,700 new. Comes with original box and packaging. Will take $1150 shipped CONUS. Probably gotten more compliments on these first two watch led than any I’ve owned l, including all my Rolexes, Cartier’s and Patek’s. Just like bigger dials now that I’m darn near blind

Oris. No box. Paid around $1,800 new. Will take $600 CONUS.

Checked the Bay. Looks like I’m selling these for about 20-25% below what I would get there.

Thanks for looking. Please PM questions.

Rusty

Attachments

• 65C7E4BF-CDD4-43C9-A9D5-EE87E939C326.jpeg
    65C7E4BF-CDD4-43C9-A9D5-EE87E939C326.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 159
  • 675D4B7B-0204-4FF4-85FF-F07F5D1B3530.jpeg
    675D4B7B-0204-4FF4-85FF-F07F5D1B3530.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 153
  • A1DDF19B-DB92-44B3-A22A-FB3D935334D8.jpeg
    A1DDF19B-DB92-44B3-A22A-FB3D935334D8.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 130
  • A5534E68-9F67-4524-B47D-5E08F5AF7F03.jpeg
    A5534E68-9F67-4524-B47D-5E08F5AF7F03.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 206
  • AB76942A-55D3-4C07-8D06-872CDBABBC5E.jpeg
    AB76942A-55D3-4C07-8D06-872CDBABBC5E.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 225
  • 3DD733D8-C1A0-4BFB-AB91-2ACAFAF1E9A3.jpeg
    3DD733D8-C1A0-4BFB-AB91-2ACAFAF1E9A3.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 219
  • 0ECD94CC-F5C9-4151-913A-C38C1DB4216E.jpeg
    0ECD94CC-F5C9-4151-913A-C38C1DB4216E.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 201
Thanks Dan. Should have some sold some of this stuff first and bought your Sailor. Glad you were able to sell it to some lucky guy.

Even if it ends up being too mild you should explore the Blackbird for a couple weeks. Seems wrong to move a razor on after a single use.

“Even if it ends up being too mild you should explore the Blackbird for a couple weeks. Seems wrong to move a razor on after a single use.”

I would normally agree, but I’ve owned and used two different SS Blackbirds, and they were insufficiently efficient for me also. I just love the look and design of the razor and hoped the Ti might be the one for me. Alas, the Ti, IMHO, is also not as efficient as I like razors. Just thought it would be better to just go ahead and sell it now as it is really still brand new.

“Even if it ends up being too mild you should explore the Blackbird for a couple weeks. Seems wrong to move a razor on after a single use.”

I would normally agree, but I’ve owned and used two different SS Blackbirds, and they were insufficiently efficient for me also. I just love the look and design of the razor and hoped the Ti might be the one for me. Alas, the Ti, IMHO, is also not as efficient as I like razors. Just thought it would be better to just go ahead and sell it now as it is really still brand new.
makes sense. GLWS.

Thanks for your thoughts on the BB Ti. It has tempted me. Perhaps you could try the Brass'Bird? I really like it and find it comparable in efficiency to me 1.45 Wolf. I've not ever tried any other Blackbird but it seems that the different weights of SS, Ti and brass are significant.
That's a beautiful Kris watch there. Wish I could justify it, but really like my Oris chronograph.

Only the Breitling and the Oris remain. I will take $2,350 for both of them. Anyone buying could easily take them on that auction site and profit $1,000. I don’t care if someone makes money flipping them. Thanks for looking.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.

Wow, the (at least initially) somewhat intimidating, challenging, and risky looking Blackbird razor was not efficient enough for you? That is a pretty unusual situation, doesn't happen very frequently, to the best of my guess. If my memory isn't pooling tricks on me, to the best of my memory, the Blackbird razor is in a pretty straightforward and unambiguous manner is introduced on the site of "Blackland Razors" by the owner of the company not only as a very efficient razor, but as a razor that can definitely be ascribed to the type of razors that aren't somewhere in the middle of the aggressiveness scale, but definitely leans to the more aggressive side. The first time I used the razor, I felt it was more aggressive than I expected and was comfortable with, although I didn't have any sort of doubts or uncertainty whether it would live up to its description and evaluation by the man who had designed, built, tested and analyzed the feel and the performance of this razor in every possible way and every imaginable scenario. But it is a truly an exceptional quality razor, in my opinion, and so I very quickly got used to it and started enjoying it more than any other razor I can remember or think of. For me, personally, it's really a perfect razor, at least at this point in time. It killed my RAD for the foreseeable future. I am not interested in searching, acquiring, spending money, and making any sorts of experiments with other razors. I really believe it is a razor that is brilliantly designed. I can't think of a single thing I would like to change and improve in it. So I am extremely contented with the fact that inspite some initial doubts and concerns, I decided to buy the Blackbird, even given its relatively high price.
And getting back to you and your feeling that this razor isn't efficient enough to suit your taste, I really wonder which razors meet your standards and are efficient enough for you? I can hardly think of more than two or three razors only that are really more efficient than the Blackbird. And an important thing that has to be mentioned, is the fact, acknowledged by majority of shavers, that in the cases of these two or three razors, there is a certain "price" you pay and certain negative aspects that you have to except if you want to keep using them.

Last edited:
@Space_Cadet, YMMV as always. I am so glad the Blackbird hit you in your sweet spot. That’s a great feeling. My original post reflected I typically shave with an ATT SE2, CG3, Wolf WR2 1.55, and a 2011 R41. I also frequently shave with a Timeless Ti .95 and a Karve G. For me, all of these razors were more efficient than the 3 different Blackbirds I’ve owned.

Variety and trying new stuff and different combos are what I enjoy most about this hobby. For instance, I know that my Karve SS G loaded with a vintage Wilky Lite and any B&M Reserve soap will always take me to shave Nirvana. Yet, I still use Zingari Man, GD, SV and T&S Soaps with my other high efficiency razors and a few other select blades to change things up, and because I often get great and varied shaves with those combos. I like to keep track of all this with my Shave Buddy app. Sometimes, I get perfect shaves with these different and new combos; some not so perfect, but rarely are any of my combos just bad. As good as my Karve G, Wilky Lites and B&M Reserve are together, I’d get bored if I used that every day.

Best to you and yours and happy shaving,

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom