What's new

Blackbird Lite Titanium

Fantastic shave. Really a 3 pass shave is BBS and smooth.

31C53029-F780-4E4C-8519-C8D8E3B7C0D1.jpegBD7A84AA-7BB0-40A3-8CC4-3FF4A5D9B8CB.jpeg

After a week of shaving exclusively with a BB Ti and using many great soap bases (Ethos, B&M Omnibus, WK Tallow + Donkey, GD Kairos, etc..) I have an update and rating.

First I should say, I have a moderate to thick beard (Italian descent) and I have to folliculitis and psoriasis. In other words if I’m not careful I’m a mess for a few days.

My daily shaver to compare to is a Carbon Ti - .068 original plate. The BB Ti Lite is surprisingly comfortable, capable of a complete BBS with a tiny bit of work on the jaw line, and just a pleasure.

I would rate the original blackbird Ti as a 9 in efficiency and 6 in comfort and 7 in smoothness (I have several still).

The Lite Ti I would rate a 9 in comfort, 9 in smoothness and a 6-7 in efficiency (depending if I feel like a jawline touch up).

Where it would struggle is if I let my facial hair grow 4-5 days and tried to mow it down… that the original blackbird would be better suited for. So for shaves every 1-3 days where you value comfort, smoothness and efficiency, I think the Lite is phenomenal. It’s a different razor than the BB Ti, in a good way, but maintains much of the BB shaving characteristics.

For my skin, it’s the blackbird I always needed.

In fact, I may order a second Lite plate as my travel razor.

Last edited:
I would rate the original blackbird Ti as a 9 in efficiency and 6 in comfort and 7 in smoothness (I have several still).

The Lite Ti I would rate a 9 in comfort, 9 in smoothness and a 6-7 in efficiency (depending if I feel like a jawline touch up).6

Great review...so much valuable info here.
I agree with the 6 rating for comfort with the OG Blackbird....main reason I
gave it up.

9 in comfort and smoothness sounds right up my alley.

The finish on the Ti BB Lite....is it machined or satin?

@Downtownvino, thank you for your in depth review. You’re making the new Blackbird Lite Ti sound extremely appealing. I love my Blackbird Ti and I may have to pick up a new Lite base plate!

@Downtownvino, thank you for your in depth review. You’re making the new Blackbird Lite Ti sound extremely appealing. I love my Blackbird Ti and I may have to pick up a new Lite base plate!
You are welcome. I currently have 3 BB Ti’s (one polished at relatives home, one for travel and one for the home den). For me as an every 24-48 hour shaver, the razor is just a great compromise between the unique appeal of the blackbird Ti and the smoothness of a less aggressive razor.

For my sensitive skin, Shane knocked it out of the park with this one, it’s rotated into my must use group of razors.

You are welcome. I currently have 3 BB Ti’s (one polished at relatives home, one for travel and one for the home den). For me as an every 24-48 hour shaver, the razor is just a great compromise between the unique appeal of the blackbird Ti and the smoothness of a less aggressive razor.

For my sensitive skin, Shane knocked it out of the park with this one, it’s rotated into my must use group of razors.

This is breeding substantive FOMO.

Your Friday review,

The Lite Ti I would rate a 9 in comfort, 9 in smoothness and a 6-7 in efficiency (depending if I feel like a jawline touch up).
did a great job of describing and comparing the BB Ti to the Lite Ti. I’m looking forward to trying the BB Lite Ti :)

This morning I experimented what the angle I held my BB Ti razor at. The sound the razor makes while shaving is really a key indicator to a correct razor angle. I know this is a blinding flash of the obvious to many on this board but it helped me confirm what many of you said.

Top Bottom