What's new

Black tea and glaucoma

I just read of a recent study of black tea drinkers and a 75 percent less chance of getting glaucoma. This was just the first study, the one thing that researchers could not understand was that only hot black tea caused this reduction.

Sounds like oxidation of some sort occurs as the tea cools that illuminates the benefits, but I'm no scientist so this just a wild guess on my part.

But then you consume something else to endorse nasties in your bodies... comming from someone that lives Tao yet still eat meat (used to be chef and not giving up good food)... everything in moderation wont hamper your life span and health as long as you eat healthy balanced. Obviously stay away from chemicals like msg etc, but I have just used sodium nitrite and nitrate to cure meat, but know it will be consumed in moderation.

back to topic, pu'er tea, oolong etc are great in cleansing and hydrating, so drink it. It does help your body and cleanse it. and brew the tea at correct tempt. but get real black teas and the rewards are great. use gaiwans , it is so good that way...

Top Bottom