What's new

black stone identificatin

hi,
I have in test these stone but I don't know what stone it is. It is possible to be an japanes natural stone?
I do not know whether to buy it or not. Price 50 $ reduced.

Attachments

• 20180509_211559.jpg
    20180509_211559.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20180509-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20180509-WA0011.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
Kinda reminds me of a Tsushima black or a Khao men stone but generally, stone identification from pictures and even from handling them yourself is probably a waste of time.

If you are testing them and feel the performance warrants the price and you can afford it/want one then go for it. If not, or if you sell a lot of your stones over time due to bordeom or financial constraints I would say no because it's hard to get fair value back out of something with no data/track record beyond your opinion.

I planing it, easy with 600, 800, 1000 and 2000 sandpaper. Is not so black. Dry and wet.

Attachments

• 20180510_211435.jpg
    20180510_211435.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180510_211540.jpg
    20180510_211540.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Akis you might be right.
I tested last night without slurry seems to do nothing, consistent slurry I just managed to do only with diamond, has become something else, but I still did not seem to finish, my Escher bout seems to be over this.
In order to improve the cut, I used soap, maybe possibly to do more but after a lot of passes. By the way, the bevel left is mat.
In use, it looks like scratch, your brain gets the noise.
In conclusion I think I'm returning that it's not over Escher and I'm expecting a good Japanese.

Akis you might be right.
I tested last night without slurry seems to do nothing, consistent slurry I just managed to do only with diamond, has become something else, but I still did not seem to finish, my Escher bout seems to be over this.
In order to improve the cut, I used soap, maybe possibly to do more but after a lot of passes. By the way, the bevel left is mat.
In use, it looks like scratch, your brain gets the noise.
In conclusion I think I'm returning that it's not over Escher and I'm expecting a good Japanese.

Vermio has similar characteristics as the ones you described , i've used one once but it's actually a strange finish hone and it doesn't produce a lot of audible feedback and give me solid performance. (but i cant be sure due to my lack of experience )

If i remember correct Keith Johnson has done some work with a Vermio once , check his youtube channel.

Top Bottom