What's new

Black Ship Grooming

Anyone have any reviews on any of the A/S from this company? There's a TON of choices, along with the soaps, and a lot of them sound good per the ingredients. The first one I am ordering will be the "Classic" because that's the only BSG soap I've tried so far and I like it a lot. It reminds me most of the original Musgo Real scent, although the ingredients don't list patchouli? Anyway, it's old world and somewhat reminiscent of MR, but I'm not sure what to choose after that one?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have a few aftershave products. Thomas tew stands out as a go to summer scent. Great quality stuff. You cant go wrong

They are pretty good. I only have Thomas tew and like it a lot as an strong orange scent. The label is not of the best quality, at least the one I have (iot was still under the previous name of the brand).
It does not feel in the skin as good as Australian Private Reserve, Barrister and Mann reserve or Chatillon Lux. Maybe because of the orange oils? I don't know, but stills works well.

They are pretty good. I only have Thomas tew and like it a lot as an strong orange scent. The label is not of the best quality, at least the one I have (iot was still under the previous name of the brand).
It does not feel in the skin as good as Australian Private Reserve, Barrister and Mann reserve or Chatillon Lux. Maybe because of the orange oils? I don't know, but stills works well.

I do get what sealer says about feeling good on skin like mentioned. I used it this morning and understand. But Thomas tow is one of my favorite scents. And yes like you said still works for me as well.

They have great, long lasting scents in a moderately moisturizing base with a healthy slug of alcohol and enough menthol to notice. I'd recommend them as a solid "tier 2" aftershave

They have great, long lasting scents in a moderately moisturizing base with a healthy slug of alcohol and enough menthol to notice. I'd recommend them as a solid "tier 2" aftershave

I agree. What’s in your top tier? Mine is Chatillon Lux and Maol Grooming. Balmy, yet alcohol-based splashes. Black Ship is more of a “matte” finish, rather than “shiny,” to borrow from the razor vernacular. I do like Thomas Tew.

I agree. What’s in your top tier? Mine is Chatillon Lux and Maol Grooming. Balmy, yet alcohol-based splashes. Black Ship is more of a “matte” finish, rather than “shiny,” to borrow from the razor vernacular. I do like Thomas Tew.

Speaking for performance only: Chatillon Lux and Maol are the best. Noble Otter, B&M Reserve, Declaration Grooming and Mickey Lee are close. Black Ship and Chiseled Face are also notable (and there are many others on a similar level to those two, but I also like their scents a lot). Also special mention to Stirling for best value.

For the whole package including scents, Chatillon Lux easily. But once my supply of it runs out I will stick to Maol as I prefer to support Canadian - haven't found another good alcoholic aftershave splash made in Canada yet. I think Groom Industries looks like it may be a decent one to try.

Speaking for performance only: Chatillon Lux and Maol are the best. Noble Otter, B&M Reserve, Declaration Grooming and Mickey Lee are close. Black Ship and Chiseled Face are also notable (and there are many others on a similar level to those two, but I also like their scents a lot). Also special mention to Stirling for best value.

For the whole package including scents, Chatillon Lux easily. But once my supply of it runs out I will stick to Maol as I prefer to support Canadian - haven't found another good alcoholic aftershave splash made in Canada yet. I think Groom Industries looks like it may be a decent one to try.

I'm pretty sure I'll never run out of either. I've got 14 almost-full bottles of Maol, and about 40 bottles of Chatillon Lux (of which 30 or so are full or almost full). Gotta have backups, and sometimes backups of backups!

I'm pretty sure I'll never run out of either. I've got 14 almost-full bottles of Maol, and about 40 bottles of Chatillon Lux (of which 30 or so are full or almost full). Gotta have backups, and sometimes backups of backups!

Well 3/4 of my favourite Chatillon Lux scents are discontinued and the 4th is seasonal so that makes it easier

Well 3/4 of my favourite Chatillon Lux scents are discontinued and the 4th is seasonal so that makes it easier

Most of mine are discontinued also. Which is why I bought duplicates when they were available. Which is your favorite?

By the way, besides Thomas Tew, among the Black Ship aftershaves, I also like Captain's Pipe and Ghost Ship (which smells very much like Thomas Tew, to my nose).

Good man!! Classic B+B behavior!! :a29::a29:

Top Bottom