What's new

Black Plastic Tech

I've seen the Black Plastic (Bakelite?) Tech before, but never with the black metal cap. (Of course, I don't follow the Techs, so this may be the most common model.) And this one has an "S" stamp too.

Any information on this one--year, etc?

Thanks,
Christopher

(The black paint is fading off the cap, but everything else looks brilliant. I'd like to restore this one--flat or glossy?)

I think its a GI issue...........I've seen WW2 issue looking like that, also Korean War era.The ones I've seen came in either a Red Cross package or a gov.issue box. In fact I saw one up for bid on E bay the other day.

Thanks. I searched and saw it. The base plate is a bit different. Maybe mine is a prototype for WW3?

Me

(The black paint is fading off the cap, but everything else looks brilliant. I'd like to restore this one--flat or glossy?)

I have one NIB that has the nickel cap and it is dated 1952. I have a couple ball handles with the black cap and handles that I had thought were military issue.

I think the black is part of the plating and not painted on. I'd do more research before you take a can of Krylon or Rustoleum to it.

I have one NIB that has the nickel cap and it is dated 1952. I have a couple ball handles with the black cap and handles that I had thought were military issue.

I think the black is part of the plating and not painted on. I'd do more research before you take a can of Krylon or Rustoleum to it.

Interesting. Do your razors have the "S" stamped on the underside?

Me

Top Bottom